Product Information for Microsoft Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Highlights for Microsoft Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Software Sub Type:First Person Shooter
- ESRB Rating:M (Mature 17+)
Ten years ago Halo changed the way we play video games. Ten years ago Halo introduced millions of fans to an incredible new universe...and delivered billions of hours of entertainment. Created in celebration of the 10th anniversary of one of the most beloved franchises in gaming history, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is a spectacularly re-mastered version of the original Halo campaign, coming November 15, 2011.
Stunningly remastered campaign:
- Relive the award-winning adventure that defined "Halo: Combat Evolved" as one of the best games of the decade with breathtaking next-gen graphics and audio remastered for the Xbox 360. Engage in epic-scale battles against the backdrop of the eponymous "Halo" ringworld, and relive nostalgic memories with the ability to toggle Classic mode to play the original version.
Online campaign co-op:
- For the first time, experience the story that started it all with a friend on Xbox LIVE and launch a cooperative assault against the Covenant, whether you live across the street or halfway around the world. [Xbox LIVE Gold membership required for online multiplayer]
Classic "Halo" multiplayer maps reimagined:
- Wage battle on six detailed remakes of some of the most beloved "Halo" multiplayer maps of all time, and bring the fight to the Covenant on a stunning and resonant new Firefight map.1 Remastered in the "Halo: Reach" engine and inspired by maps from "Halo: Combat Evolved" and "Halo 2," these iconic battlefields reignite the heart-pounding multiplayer action of the original favorites and let you relive epic confrontations like you've never experienced them.
- Developed in collaboration with Certain Affinity, the new multiplayer maps are included on the "Halo: Anniversary" game disc, which means players will not need to own the original "Halo: Reach" game to play. The first of the new remakes to be revealed at E3 Expo 2011 will be the fan-favorite map Damnation.
New challenges and enhanced story:
- Unlock up to 1,000 Achievement points as you clash with online opponents and battle through the campaign, and uncover never-before-revealed backstories told in motion-graphic form that foreshadow new mysteries in the story of "Halo 4."