- Learn More
Product Information for D-link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-2100AP Wireless Access Point
Highlights for D-link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-2100AP Wireless Access Point
- Wireless Transmission Speed:108Mbps
- Wireless Technology:IEEE 802.11b/g
- Interfaces/Ports:1 x RJ-45 10/100Base-TX Auto-sensing/Auto MDI/MDI-X LAN
D-Link, the industry pioneer in wireless networking, introduces a performance breakthrough in wireless connectivity - D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G series of high-speed devices now capable of delivering transfer rates up to 15x faster than the standard 802.11b with the new D-Link 108G. With the new AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-2100AP Wireless Access Point, D-Link sets a new standard for wireless access points.
Wireless Transmit Power:
Certifications & Standards
Safety & Emissions:
Media & Performance
Network & Communication
Management & Protocols
- Internet Explorer v6 or later
- Netscape Navigator v6 or later
- Other Java - enabled browsers
Processor & Chipset
Learn More About D-link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-2100AP Wireless Access Point
DescriptionThe D-Link® AirPlus Xtreme G® Access Point provides your home or office with connectivity speeds of up to 108Mbps1 and comes with SNMP management software.D-Link®, the industry pioneer in wireless networking, introduces a performance breakthrough in wireless connectivity – D-Link AirPlus Xtreme GTM series of high-speed devices now capable of delivering transfer rates up to 15x faster than the standard 802.11b with the new D-Link 108G. With the new AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-2100AP Wireless Access Point, D-Link sets a new standard for wireless access points.
With the D-Link 108G enhancement, the DWL-2100AP can achieve wireless speeds up to 15x in a pure D-Link 108G environment through the use of new wireless technologies such as Packet Bursting, Fast Frame, Compression & Encryption, and Turbo mode. These technologies enable a throughput high enough to handle video/audio streaming and future bandwidth-intense applications. The DWL-2100AP Wireless Access Point also supports SNMP v.3 for better network management with the provided Wireless AP Manager software that manages network configuration and firmware upgrades. For Enterprise networks, the DWL-2100AP supports network administration and real-time network traffic monitoring via D-Link's D-View Network Management software.
The D-Link DWL-2100AP Access Point has been verified and successfully passed through the Intel Wireless Verification Program, which tests the compatibility of various access point devices and wireless service providers with common configuration of notebooks built on Intel® Centrino™ mobile technology2 .
The DWL-2100AP features WDS (Wireless Distribution System) that can be configured to perform in any one of five modes: a Wireless Access Point, a Point-to-Point (PtP) bridge with another DWL-2100AP, a Point-to-Multipoint (PtMP) bridge, a Repeater for range extension, or as a Wireless Client. The WDS feature makes the DWL-2100AP an ideal solution for quickly creating and extending a wireless local area network (WLAN) in offices or other workplaces, or even at hotspots.
The DWL-2100AP Wireless Access Point comes with a detachable antenna utilizing a reverse SMA connector. By simply attaching a D-Link wireless antenna, you can increase the wireless range of the DWL-2100AP.
Wireless security is addressed as the DWL-2100AP Wireless Access Point uses WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) and 802.1X authentication to provide a higher level of security for data communication amongst wireless clients. The DWL-2100AP is also fully compatible with the IEEE 802.11b and 802.11g standards. With great manageability, versatile operation modes, solid security enhancement, the cost-effective D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-2100AP Wireless Access Point provides the ultra-fast 108Mbps1 speed and everything else a network professional dreams of.
This wireless access point product has been verified for basic compatibility with corresponding Intel® Centrino mobile technology based notebooks. Notebooks based on Intel Centrino mobile technology do not support proprietary 802.11g performance-enhancement features. Data rate, features and performance may vary based on the configuration of your notebook and other factors.
- Up to 108Mbps1
- WPA & 802.1x Authentication
- SNMP Management Software Included
- Also Works as Point-To-Point Bridge, Point-to-Multipoint Bridge, Repeater, Wireless Client
|Wireless Distribution System||
|Media Access Control||
|Wireless Frequency Range||
|Wireless Signal Range1||
|Wireless Transmit Power||
|External Antenna Type||
|Safety & Emissions||
- 1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
- 2 Intel, the Intel Inside Logo, Intel Centrino and the Intel Centrino logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
- 3 Limited Lifetime Warranty available only in the USA and Canada if purchased on or after October 1, 2010.