- Learn More
TOP SELLING WIRELESS REPEATER & EXTENDERS
Netgear WN2500RP IEEE 802.11n 600 Mbps Wireless Range Extender
Free Shipping | In Stock
Netgear WN3000RP IEEE 802.11n 54 Mbit/s Wireless Range Extender - ISM Band
Free Shipping | In Stock
Hawking Hi-Gain Dual-Band Wireless-N Range Extender
$ 108.33 Original Price$ 119.99
TP-LINK Technologies TL-WA860RE IEEE 802.11n 300 Mbps N300 Universal Wi-Fi Wall Plug Range Extender with External Antennas and AC Pass-thru
$ 48.74 Original Price$ 49.99
Free Shipping | In Stock
Product Information for D-link DHP-W306AV Powerline Wireless Network Adapter
Highlights for D-link DHP-W306AV Powerline Wireless Network Adapter
Data Transmission Over Electrical Wiring
The D-Link DHP-W306AV Powerline AV Wireless N Extender, compliant with the HomePlug AV standard, uses your home's existing electrical wiring to create a network or extend your existing network. It turns every power outlet into a possible network connection to access digital media devices, game consoles, print servers, computers, and network storage devices throughout your home. Additionally, Wireless N provides high speed transfers without the need for unsightly network cables.
Additional Product Specifications
Media & Performance
- Wireless: Up to 300 Mbps
- Two fixed external 2 dBi omni-direction antennas
- Integrated QoS prioritizes media and data
Network & Communication
Learn More About D-link DHP-W306AV Powerline Wireless Network Adapter
DescriptionThe PowerLine AV Wireless N Extender, compliant with the HomePlug AV standard, instantly transforms your home’s existing electrical wiring into a high-speed PowerLine network.
USE EXISTING ELECTRICAL WIRING TO CREATE A HOME NETWORK
The D-Link® Powerline AV Wireless N Extender (DHP-W306AV), compliant with the HomePlug AV standard, uses your home's existing electrical wiring to create a network or extend your existing network1 . It turns every power outlet into a possible network connection to access digital media devices, game consoles, print servers, computers and network storage devices throughout your home. Coupled with Wireless N, the DHP-W306AV enables you to extend your wireless network to the farthest corners of your home without the need for unsightly network cables. No extra drilling and extra wiring required!
FASTER WIRELESS SPEEDS, WIDER COVERAGE
The Wireless N technology incorporated into the DHP-W306AV uses intelligent antenna technology to maximize the speed and range of your wireless signal to significantly outperform 802.11g devices2 . The DHP-W306AV is also capable of delivering transfer rates up to 200Mbps3 through the Powerline Network, so you can stream high definition video, enjoy lag-free gaming and faster access to large files within your network.
EASY SECURITY SETUP
The DHP-W306AV features a convenient Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) button for simple, secure wireless network configuration with WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encryption keeping your network traffic safe and secure. It also features an encryption security button (ENY) that enables secure transmission between each HomePlug AV device.
IDEAL FOR BANDWIDTH-INTENSIVE APPLICATIONS
The DHP-W306AV is capable of delivering high data transfer rates, both wired and wirelessly. This rapid transmission speed makes it ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications, enabling smooth HD video streaming, VoiP calls, and lag-free online gaming. In addition, it prioritizes Internet traffic, ensuring that multimedia applications do not experience glitches while web surfing and downloads are in progress. This device provides ample network bandwidth, enabling digital home consumers to tap into existing electrical wiring for high-quality multimedia streaming.
IPV6 Ready: Get Ready for the Future
With the growing number of Internet-enabled applications requiring IP addresses, the supply of IP addresses under the current Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) system has already been exhausted. The IPv6 protocol solves this network addressing exhaustion by creating more IP addresses, but migration from IPv4 to IPv6 is not necessarily automatic. But, you don't need to worry about service interruption if you go with D-Link products that are IPv6 Certified. Your network will be automatically IPv4 and IPv6 ready when you use an IPv6-certified D-Link product like his one. With D-Link products, you can rest assured that you'll be covered for the current and the new standards without any hassle to you.
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted on the package. See inside package for warranty details. This product is designed for the use in the USA and Canada. Use of this product in other countries might violate local laws.
- Speeds Up to 14x Faster than Wireless G2
- Up to 200 Mbps1 through PowerLine Network
- Easily connect and secure Home Network with push button security
- Extend your existing wireless network coverage for Your Entire Home or Office
- Plug & Play Installation
- QoS Support to Prioritize Internet Traffic
- Connect Computers, Game Consoles, or Media Players to the Web
- Supports secure wireless encryption using WPA or WPA2
- Fast Ethernet Ports for Wired Network Speeds
- D-Link Green Product
|Powerline Modulation Scheme||
|Powerline Frequency Band||
|Wireless frequency range||
|Minimum System Requirements||
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
- 1 Power outlets and electrical wiring must all be part of the same electrical system. Certain electrical conditions in your home, such as wiring conditions and configuration may effect the performance fo this product.A minimum of two D-Link Powerline AV Network Adapters are required to create a network. Connecting this product to a power strip with a surge protector may adversely affect the performance of this product. For best results, plug adapter directly into a power outlet.
- 2 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link's 802.11n devices.
- 3 Maximum throughput based on theoretical transmission PHY rate. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of traffic and network overhead, may lower actual data throughput rate. Interference from devices that emit electrical noise, such as vacuum cleaners and hair dryers, may adversely affect the performance of this product. This product may interfere with devices such as lighting systems that have a dimmer switch, short wave radios, or other powerline devices that do not follow the HomePlug Powerline Alliance Standard.