- Learn More
Product Information for D-link DAP-1360 IEEE 802.11n (draft) Wireless Access Point - 54 Mbps
Highlights for D-link DAP-1360 IEEE 802.11n (draft) Wireless Access Point - 54 Mbps
- Wireless Transmission Speed:54 Mbps
The D-Link DAP-1360 access point is a draft 802.11n compliant device that delivers up to 14x faster speeds and 6x farther range than 802.11g while staying backward compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b devices. Enjoy surfing the web, checking e-mail, and chatting with family and friends online.
Network & Communication
Processor & Chipset
Management & Protocols
Media & Performance
Ethernet-enabled Gaming Console Using the DAP-1360 as a Wireless Interface to Access the Internet
Learn More About D-link DAP-1360 IEEE 802.11n (draft) Wireless Access Point - 54 Mbps
DescriptionThe Wireless N Range Extender (DAP-1360) is designed for users looking to create a new wireless network or extend coverage of an existing wireless network.
MULTIFUNCTIONAL RANGE EXTENDER
The D-Link® Wireless N Range Extender (DAP-1360) is designed for users looking to create a new wireless network or easily extend coverage of an existing wireless network. The DAP-1360 also provides an excellent solution for upgrading your wireless network to Wireless N technology, which significantly outperforms previous-generation Wireless G. Flexible and multifunctional, the DAP-1360 includes a variety of features allowing it to serve as an access point, bridge with access point, repeater, or wireless client and is ideal for use in an existing home or small office wireless network.
CREATE A WIRELESS NETWORK
Simply create a new Wireless N network by connecting the DAP-1360 to your router or easily extend your wireless coverage by using the DAP-1360's repeater mode feature. Use your new wireless network to share a high-speed Internet connection, stream high-definition (HD) video, play multiplayer games, or make phone calls (VoIP). The DAP-1360 is also backward compatible to work with your existing Wireless G devices.
ADVANCED NETWORK SECURITY
The DAP-1360 supports the latest wireless security features to help prevent unauthorized access, be it from over a wireless network or the Internet. Support for WPA™ and WPA2™ ensure that you will be able to use the best possible encryption regardless of your client devices.
Delivering superior wireless performance, clarity, and coverage, the Wireless N Range Extender (DAP-1360) is an ideal solution for creating or extending a home or office wireless network.
WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES
Use the Wireless N Range Extender (DAP-1360) to create a new wireless network or simply extend your existing wireless network coverage to reach greater distances throughout a home or office.
WHY WIRELESS N IS BETTER
This Wireless N Range Extender uses Wireless N technology with multiple intelligent antennas to maximize the speed and range of your wireless signal to significantly outperform previous-generation Wireless G devices1 . The antennas make use of your home’s environment by bouncing multiple wireless signals off walls and ceilings to work around obstructions and help eliminate dead spots.
WIRELESS N RANGE EXTENDER BENEFITS
- ETHERNET TO WIRELESS: Add wireless connectivity to an Ethernet-enabled device
- ACCESS POINT: Create a new wireless network in a different part of your home
- WIRELESS REPEATER: Extend your existing wireless network coverage to reach greater distances across your home or office
- CONNECT TWO NETWORKS TOGETHER: Wirelessly bridge two or more networks together
IPV6 Ready: Get Ready for the Future
With the growing number of Internet-enabled applications requiring IP addresses, the supply of IP addresses under the current Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) system has already been exhausted. The IPv6 protocol solves this network addressing exhaustion by creating more IP addresses, but migration from IPv4 to IPv6 is not necessarily automatic. But, you don't need to worry about service interruption if you go with D-Link products that are IPv6 Certified. Your network will be automatically IPv4 and IPv6 ready when you use an IPv6-certified D-Link product like his one. With D-Link products, you can rest assured that you'll be covered for the current and the new standards without any hassle to you.
- Create or Extend a Wireless Network in Your Home or Office
- Easy to Install and Connect with Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
- Secure Wireless Encryption Using WPA/WPA2 Security
- Multiple modes: Access Point, Bridge with Access Point, Repeater, or Wireless Client
|Minimum System Requirements||
|Recommended System Requirements||
- 1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link Wireless N devices
- 2 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the U.S.A and Canada.
- 3 Computer must adhere to Microsoft's recommended System Requirements.
- 4 The software included with this product is not Mac-compatible.