- Item No.
- Mfg Part No.
TOP SELLING TRANSCEIVERS & MEDIA CONVERTERS
Product Information for B&B Electronics USB To Isolated 422/485 W/Plug Term Block And Leds
Highlights for B&B Electronics USB To Isolated 422/485 W/Plug Term Block And Leds
- Product Type:Data Transfer Adapter
Models USOPTL4 and USPTL4 are USB to one port RS-422/485 converters. Supporting 2-wire RS-485 or a 4-wire RS-422/485 communications, these devices are great for any application that requires long range or multi-drop capabilities. Both models use pluggable terminal blocks on the RS-422/485 side and have a pair of LEDs that indicate data being transmitted or received. Model USOPTL4 includes special circuitry that adds 2000 volts isolation protection against ground loops and voltage spikes. Both products draw power from the USB port so no power supply is required.
Simply plug the converter into an available USB port on your computer or USB hub and the device will show up as an additional COM port in the Windows Device Manager. Configured as an additional COM port, the converter is now compatible with your Windows applications.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) has become the connectivity workhorse of today's PCs, replacing the familiar serial ports. But many commercial and industrial devices still use RS-422/485 interfaces. To connect these devices to modern PCs you need robust and reliable conversion solutions. At the same time, USB ports are becoming more common on commercial and industrial equipment such as point-of-sale peripherals, medical devices, scientific instrumentation, laboratory equipment and other devices. Sometimes these are used in environments where surges, spikes and ground loops are likely to occur.
- 2000 V RMS optical isolation
- 15KV ESD surge protection
- Adds a COM port to your PC
- Protects against surges, spikes and ground loops
- LEDs for transmit and receive lines
- USB 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 compatible (12 Mbps)
- Automatic configuration on Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista
- No power supply required (powered from USB bus)
- Includes 1 meter USB cable
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 1.7 x 0.8 in (8.9 x 4.3 x 2.1 cm)
- Temperature Range: 0 to 70oC (32 to 158oF)
- RS-422/485 Baud Rate: Up to 460.8 kbps
- RS-422/485 Connector: Pluggable (removable) terminal blocks
- USB Baud Rate: 12 Mbps
- USB Connector: USB type-B female
- USB Power: Low power device (draws < 100mA)
- Operating System: Windows 98/SE, 2000, ME, XP, Vista
- Accessories: Driver CD, USB Cable
- Isolation: 2000 V RMS (excludes model USPTL4)
- Surge Protection: 15KV ESD