Product Information for Datamax-O'Neil M-Class M-4206 Label Printer - Monochrome - Direct Thermal
Highlights for Datamax-O'Neil M-Class M-4206 Label Printer - Monochrome - Direct Thermal
- Print Technology:Direct Thermal
- Direct thermal printing of bar codes, text, and graphics on demand and batch printing
- Thin film printhead with IntelliSEAQ (Sequential Energy Adjustment for Quality)
- Die-cast aluminum frame
- Datamax Programming Language (DPL)
- 32bit multi-tasking DragonBall Processor, (M-4206 100Mhz)
- 8MB (M-4206) RAM memory
- 4MB (M-4206) Flash downloadable program memory
- Serial RS-232 port, Parallel, USB
- IEEE 1284 compliant bi-directional parallel port
- Gap, notch and reflective top of form media sensing
- 5 button 128 x 64 LCD Graphical back-lit LCD display
- Configuration settings via front LCD panel menu
- No dipswitches
- Menus in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish
- Configuration label makes set-up easy to understand
- Simple ribbon and media loading
- Clear window in media cover -- easy to view supplies
- Media tear bar
- Fan-fold media handling from bottom or rear of printer
- AGFA font engine with CG Triumvirate scalable font
- Datamax printer driver for Windows 98 and above desktop operating systems
- Nine Bit-Mapped Fonts, rotatable 0, 90 180, 270 degrees
- CG-Triumvirate scalable Font
- CG Triumvirate condensed bold scalable font
M-Class Mark II Options
A printing method that uses ribbon to produce exceptional image clarity, as compared to most direct thermal media types. This option must be specified for use with either ‘coated side in’ ribbon or ‘coated side out’ ribbon.
A rotary-type mechanism to automatically cut material with a maximum thickness of .010” (.254 mm) into minimum lengths of 1.25 inches (31.8 mm). Designed for ease of operation, the Media Cutter is automatically detected, configured, and enabled when installed on the printer.
Peel and Present Mechanism (requires the Internal Rewind option)
An output control device that automatically separates printed labels from the backing material and allows subsequent printing to occur only after the removal of a previously printed label. Minimum label length is 1.5 inches (38 mm). Designed for ease of operation, the Peel and Present Mechanism is automatically detected, configured, and enabled when installed on the printer.
An internal mechanism to wind four-inch outer diameter rolls of printed labels, or the label backing material when using the Peel and Present option.
An output control device that allows subsequent printing to occur only after the removal of a previously printed label. Designed for ease of operation, the Present Sensor is automatically detected, configured, and enabled when installed on the printer.
FLASH Memory Expansion (requires new main PCB)
An optional main PCB assembly is available with 4MB (M-4206) Flash memory expansion for International Language Printing Capability (ILPC) and/or additional fonts and graphics.
The International Language Print Capability consisting of one of the following:
- CG-Times (western European) Scalable font
- Kanji Gothic B Scalable font
- Simplified Chinese GB Scalable font
- Korean Hangul font
The DMX100 External Print Server is an external Network Interface Controller (NIC) that enables the printer to provide Ethernet connectivity.
Internal Ethernet Connectivity
The Internal Ethernet Print Server is an internal Network Interface Controller (NIC) that enables the printer to provide Ethernet connectivity. Features include:
- Automatic selection of 10Base2 (Thinnet) or 100BaseT Fast Ethernet connection.
- Integral HTTP Server to allow monitoring and management from a standard Web browser program.
- FTP printing to allow printing directly from a Web browser or other FTP client.
- LPR/LPD over TCP/IP for UNIX platforms and Microsoft’s Windows.
- Raw sockets support over selectable TCP/IP port with filters for selected UNIX environment.
- IP SNMP support of MIB-2, proprietary NIC MIB and public and proprietary (private) Printer MIB.
- SNMP traps to alert administrators of printer errors (paper/ribbon out, head up, etc).
- E-mail notification of printer errors to specified addresses. DHCP, BootP, and RARP services supported
The M-Class Mark II printers are available with several Communication Card options. These cards can be equipped in the following configurations:
- Wired and Wireless Ethernet
- Wired Ethernet
A software tool suite designed for data collection applications. Once enabled, the printer can accept input data from peripheral devices such as barcode scanners, weigh scales, and keyboards without the need of a host computer, requesting and sending data to locally resident lookup files or remote databases, enhancing communication capabilities within your system while reducing your hardware investment.
- PRINT SPEED: 6 IPS
- RESOLUTION: 203 DPI
- PRINT WIDTH: 4.25" (108mm)
- MEDIA WIDTH: .75” - 4.65" (19mm - 118 mm)
- MEMORY: 8MB DRAM; 4MB Flash
- PROCESSOR: Dragonball 100Mhz
- DISPLAY: 128 x 64 LCD graphics display
- SUPPLY ROLL CAPACITY: 8" (203 mm) O.D. on a 3.0" (76.2 mm) core; 7" (178mm) on a 1.5” (38mm) core. Fanfold stock accepted from rear and bottom of printer.
- PRINTER TYPE: Direct Thermal, Optional Thermal Transfer
- BAR CODE MODULUS: 5 mil to 55 mil (203dpi); 3.3 mil to 40 mil (300dpi); "X" dimension in picket fence or ladder orientations
- MEDIA TYPE: Roll-fed or fan-fold materials, die-cut or continuous labels; perforated or continuous tag/ticket stock
- PRINT LENGTH: .25" – 99" (6mm – 2475mm)
- MEDIA THICKNESS: .0025" – .0100" (.0635mm – .254mm)
- MEDIA SUPPLY: Solid metal hanger (M-4206); Revolving convertible hub for 3”(76mm) and 1.5”(40mm) diameter cores (M-4210 and M-4308)
- MEDIA SENSING: "See through" for liner backed die cut labels and tags. Reflective sensor for black mark label media
- LABEL BACKFEED: For use with optional cutter or Present Sensor
- RIBBONS: Industry standard ribbon widths; 1” (25mm) ribbon core, 1476’ (450M) in length
- CABINET: Metal construction, clear side window to easily monitor media supply levels
- BAR CODES: Code 3 of 9, UPC-A, UPC-E, Interleaved 2 of 5, Code 128, EAN-8, EAN-13, HIBC, Codabar, Plessey, UPC 2 and 5 digit addendums, Code 93, Postnet,
- UCC/EAN: Code 128, Telepen, UPS MaxiCode, FIM, PDF417, USD-8, Datamatrix, QR Code, Aztec, TLC 39, Micro PDF417, RSS
- RESIDENT FONTS: Ten alphanumeric fonts from .03" (0.9mm) to .25" (6mm) including OCR-A, OCR-B, CG Triumvirate smooth font from AGFA.
- DOWNLOADABLE FONT TYPES: True-Type, AGFA Intellifont, Bitmap
- CHARACTER SET: UTF8 (Unicode Standards 4.0 / 5.0) with access to entire Unicode Character Set, Modified IBM Code Page 850; includes characters for English and most European, Scandinavian and Spanish speaking countries. Scalable fonts can be used with over 50 resident character sets.
- FONT EXPANSION/ROTATION: All fonts expandable vertically and horizontally up to 24x; fonts and graphics can be printed in four directions: 0°, 90°, 180° and 270°
- GRAPHICS SUPPORTED: .PCX, .BMP and .IMG files
- REVERSE FIELDS/MIRROR IMAGE: Any font or graphic field can be printed as a normal or reverse image
- INTERFACES: USB, Centronics IEEE 1284 Parallel port, RS232 at 1200 to 38,400 BPS
- WINDOWS DRIVER: Used for creating label formats using virtually any Windows-based program. Included on Datamax Accessories CD, or via our web site at www.datamaxcorp.com
- REAL TIME CLOCK: On-board real time clock maintains the printers hours of use, inches printed, and time and date, (M-4210 & M-4308)
- POWER SOURCE: Auto-sensing 90 - 132 or 180 - 264 VAC @ 47-63 Hz; specify appropriate power cord when ordering
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 40°F to 95°F (4°C to 35°C)
- DIMENSIONS: 10.21” H x 10.10” W x 18.19” D (259mm H x 257mm W x 462mm D)
- WEIGHT: 27.0 lbs. (12.2kg)