Product Information for Lenovo TS2270 Tape Drive Model H7S
Highlights for Lenovo TS2270 Tape Drive Model H7S
- Drive Type:LTO-7
- Recording Method: Linear Serpentine
- Compressed Storage Capacity:15 TB
- Provide long-term backup and archive storage data protection while lowering overall storage costs
- Simplify data management with IBM® Spectrum Archive™ utilizing IBM Linear Tape File System™ technology
- Improve energy efficiency over previous generations
- Support media partitioning on Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium 7 media
IBM TS2270 Tape Drive is the answer to growing storage requirements and shrinking backup windows. Incorporating the latest generation of industry-leading LTO technology, the TS2270 tape drive is suited for handling backup, save and restore, and archival data storage needs with higher capacity and higher data transfer rates than the previous generation. In addition, the LTO Ultrium 7 technology is designed to support media partitioning and IBM Spectrum Archive technology. It also continues to support encryption of data and write-once-read-many (WORM) media.
The IBM TS2270 tape drive is an excellent tape storage solution for organizations requiring backup and low-cost, long term archival storage of data. TS2270, with a half-height form-factor, offers more capacity than the full-height LTO Ultrium 6 tape drive in less space. TS2270 provides a physical storage capacity of up to 15 TB (with 2.5:1 compression). The data transfer performance has increased significantly over the previous LTO Ultrium half-height generation with a transfer rate of up to 300 MBps with 6 Gbps SAS interface connectivity. It also offers two SAS and one Ethernet port per drive to improve availability.
Additional Product Specifications