- Learn More
Product Information for Toshiba Excite Pure AT15-A16 16 GB Tablet - 10.1" - AutoBrite - Wireless LAN - NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.20 GHz - Silver
Highlights for Toshiba Excite Pure AT15-A16 16 GB Tablet - 10.1" - AutoBrite - Wireless LAN - NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.20 GHz - Silver
- Screen Size:10.1"
- Processor Type:Tegra 3
- Processor Speed:1.20 GHz
- Standard Memory:1 GB
Marketing InformationImpressive visuals and sound.
You'll love the stunning visuals and excellent readability you get from this tablet's generous 10.1" widescreen AutoBrite™ touchscreen HD display, featuring beautiful 1280x800 screen resolution and a wide 170 viewing angle. And the sound quality is equally impressive. Every song, clip and move will come to life with enriched sound quality, thanks to high-quality stereo speakers featuring DTS Premium Voice Pro™ and Toshiba Audio Enhancement Pro.
ONE TABLET, MULTIPLE USERS.
It's your fully customized tablet. And theirs, too. With support for multiple users, you can give each person their own space. Everyone can have their own profiles, homescreen, background, widgets, apps and games-even individual high scores and levels. And since Android™ is built with multitasking at its core, it's a snap to switch between users-no need to log in and out.
Display & Graphics
- Excite Pure AT15-A16 Tablet
- AC Adapter
Green Compliance Certificate/AuthorityRoHS
Network & Communication
Processor & Chipset
Learn More About Toshiba Excite Pure AT15-A16 16 GB Tablet - 10.1" - AutoBrite - Wireless LAN - NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.20 GHz - Silver
- How do I remove pre-installed applications?
- Unfortunately pre-installed applications cannot be un-installed.
- How do I restart my Excite if it is locked up?
- Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds to perform a manual shut down. To restart, press and hold the power button again.
- Can I use a USB or Bluetooth mouse or a keyboard with the Excite?
- Yes, however not all mice or keyboards will work. Go to www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/home.to for Excite specific accessories.
- How do I register my Excite?
- Go to the Apps screen, locate and select the TOSHIBA Register Icon. You can also go to www.register.toshiba.com to register your device.
- Can I install or save Apps to the SD card or Micro SD card?
- No, the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) operating system does not allow this.
- Can I remove or replace the battery on the Excite?
- No, the battery for the Excite tablet is not customer servicable.
- How do I locate the serial number on the Excite?
- On the lower rear of the tablet is the Serial Number (identified by S/N). You can also go to Settings > About tablet > System information > Serial number.
- How do I locate the model number on the Excite?
- On the lower rear of the tablet is the model (identified by the prefix AT). You can also go to Settings > About tablet > System information > Product Name.
- How to I check to make sure my screen orientation feature is working properly?
- Check the physical lock. The lock button is located next to the On/Off button and the volume controls. If the RED bar is showing, the lock is On (disabling auto-rotate). If the RED bar is NOT showing, the lock is Off.
- Check the virtual screen lock. Go to Settings > Device > Display > Auto-rotate screen. Take the checkmark out of the box to disable auto-rotate screen functionality. If it is Grayed out, this means the physical lock is set.
- How do I remove an app/widget I installed?
- Go to Settings > Device > Apps > Downloaded.
- Select the application.
- To permanently remove, select Uninstall.
- How do I change the brightness level for the screen?
- Go to Settings > Device > Display > Brightness.
- Remove the checkmark from the Automatic brightness box if desired.
- Adjust the slider to the desired level of brightness.
- How do I change the wallpaper for the screen?
- Go to Settings > Device > Display > Wallpaper.
- Select Gallery to use an image you have taken, or select Live Wallpapers or Wallpapers to select a pre-installed image.
- How do I disable the physical feedback (vibration on touch) on the Excite?
- Go to Settings > Device > Sound > Vibrate on touch.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox to disable the feature.
- Can I unplug the SD card, Micro SD card or USB storage devices hot (while they are running or unmounted)?
- Go to Settings > Device > Storage > External storage.
- Select the External storage device to unmount.
- Select Unmount. Confirm you want to unmount.
- The device will dissapear from the list and can now be removed.
- How do I reset the Excite back to factory settings?
- Go to Settings > Personal > Backup & Reset > Factory data reset.
- You will be notified what will be erased from the tablet and requested to confirm you want to perform the reset.
- Select Reset Tablet at the bottom of the screen to confirm.
- The tablet will restart as part of the reset procedure.
- How do I perform system updates on the Excite?
- Go to Settings > System > About tablet > System Updates.
- Select the Check for Updates box on the Left.
- All available updates will be listed.
- Select the desired update(s) and follow the on-screen instructions to download and perform update.
- Your tablet will restart as part of the update process.
- How do I connect a Bluetooth device to the Excite?
- Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Bluetooth.
- Available Bluetooth devices will be listed. If Wi-Fi is OFF, touch the OFF/ON switch to turn ON.
- Ensure the Bluetooth device you wish to pair to is placed in discoverable mode, this may include powering on and off the device or pressing a button. Consult documentation for the device.
- Select the desired device from the Available Devices list to start pairing. Once the device is found, select it from the list of devices. You may be prompted to enter a PIN or passcode. Many devices require either 0000 or 1234 to be entered by default. Consult the documentation for the device.
- Once paired you will have the options to modify device settings.
- You newly paired device will be displayed under Paired Devices.
- How do I connect my Excite tablet to Wi-Fi?
- Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi.
- Available wireless networks are listed. If Wi-Fi is OFF, touch the OFF/ON switch to turn ON.
- Select the desired wireless network and follow the on-screen instructions to connect.
- Select Connect to confirm.
- The wireless network icon will appear in the System bar indicating connectivity.
- Why is my Wi-Fi turned off after the screen has gone blank (sleep)?
- Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi.
- Touch the 3 boxes in the upper Right corner of the screen.
- Select Advanced when it appears.
- Select Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep. The available choices are:
- How do I add an app/widget to one of the home screens?
- Go to the app/widget screen.
- Touch and hold the icon for the desired app/widget. The icon will be added to the home screen.
- Touch and hold the icon again and drag to the desired home screen to place on a different screen.
- How do I download and install an app/widget?
- Go to TOSHIBA App Place or Google Play to download and install apps, music, tools, as well as other items. You will be required to sign up for an account before you can download.
- When you select and app follow the on-screen instruction to download and install.
- Your newly installed app will be located on the app/widget screen accessed by touching the 6 squares in the upper right corner of the home screen.
- How do I adjust the time it takes for the screen to shut off?
- Settings > Device > Display > Sleep.
- Choose the preferred sleep setting (default is 2 minutes).
- How do I remove an app/widget from one of the home screens?
- Touch and hold the app/widget icon.
- Drag the icon to the X remove at the top of the screen.
Thank you for submitting your question
- Ask questions relevant to this product.
- Provide as much detail as possible in your question.
- Write your question in English.
- Avoid asking about price and shipping information.
- Do not use obscenities, offensive, or vulgar language.
- Do not include information about other products or websites.
- Do not include personal information such as phone number.
Legal Guidelines for Question Submissions
- In submitting your Questions or other postings ("Questions"), you agree to the following guidelines:
- You grant Webcollage and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, and sub-licensable license to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, adapt, republish, translate, and publicly display the Questions (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the Questions into other works in any format.
- You may not submit any Questions that infringe any third party rights, that contain false or damaging information, or that are unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law, or are otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not submit Questions which contain advertisements, solicitations of business or spam, or which transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs.
- If you were compensated in exchange for submitting a Question, you are REQUIRED to disclose it in your Question. You are also required to disclose if you or a member of your household or immediate family member is an employee of the manufacturer of the product for which you are submitting a Question.
Excite™ Pure Tablet (16GB)
ALL THE RIGHT FEATURES. JUST THE RIGHT PRICE.Take your apps, e-reading, web surfing and movie watching to go—without missing a beat. Meet the Excite™ Pure tablet, offering smart styling, snappy performance and tons of cool extras.
POWERED BY ANDROID™ 4.2 JELLY BEANWhether you're surfing the web, reading e-books, video chatting with friends or watching your favorite shows, you'll have all the performance you need with Android™ 4.2 Jelly Bean, the fastest, smoothest version of Android™ yet. With it, you unlock a host of cool features, like gesture typing, customized Daydream™ screensavers and support for multiple users. You'll have access to more than 700,000 apps available for download on Google Play™, including the most popular games, news and weather, cooking, lifestyle and entertainment apps.
MORE PERKS. LOWER PRICE.With Excite™ Pure, you get a full, affordable tablet experience. Its generous 10.1" widescreen AutoBrite™ touchscreen HD display with 1280x800 screen resolution increases readability and lets you see your social world in stunning detail. And a powerful NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 mobile quad-core processing provides smooth, multitasking performance to speed through your favorite apps, pics and games. Built in HD camera enables great experience with your video chats, and built-in ports and expansion (Micro HDMI®, Micro USB and Micro SD) help you sync, share and store your digital content with ease.
IMPRESSIVE VISUALS AND SOUND.You'll love the stunning visuals and excellent readability you get from this tablet's generous 10.1" widescreen AutoBrite™ touchscreen HD display, featuring beautiful 1280x800 screen resolution and a wide 170° viewing angle. And the sound quality is equally impressive. Every song, clip and move will come to life with enriched sound quality, thanks to high-quality stereo speakers featuring DTS Premium Voice Pro™ and Toshiba Audio Enhancement Pro.
ONE TABLET, MULTIPLE USERS.It's your fully customized tablet. And theirs, too. With support for multiple users, you can give each person their own space. Everyone can have their own profiles, homescreen, background, widgets, apps and games—even individual high scores and levels. And since Android™ is built with multitasking at its core, it's a snap to switch between users—no need to log in and out.
LOADED WITH TOSHIBA EXTRAS.Use the pre-installed ThinkFree Office Mobile for Android productivity app that lets you create Microsoft® Office compatible docs or output them as PDFs. Customize your listening experience to increase voice volume or boost background sound with the exclusive Toshiba Audio Source Filtering feature. Make older movies, photos and clips look a lot better on your tablet screen with Toshiba Resolution+® technology. Or use Toshiba's Adaptive Display technology to automatically adjust the display's brightness and color to the lighting environment for improved readability.
*Google, the Google logo, Android, Google Play, Google Maps, Google eBooks, Gmail, YouTube and Google Talk are trademarks of Google, Inc.
Android 4.2, Jelly Bean
This tablet comes pre-loaded with Android™ 4.2 Jelly Bean, the fastest, smoothest version of Android™ yet.
Don''t settle for wimpy sound when it comes to your favorite music, games, videos and rich-media websites.
Micro HDMI® port
Use the built-in micro HDMI® port on this tablet to share on a big screen TV all the stuff you’ve captured and carried around.
Micro SD Card Slot
Share photos, video clips, and other files with other devices, or simply expand your storage capabilities.
Stay connected wirelessly with Wi-Fi®