Product Information for Huawei Quidway S1728GWR-4P Mainframe (24 10/100/1000Base-T and 4 1000 BASE-X SFP ports (1000 BASE-X) and AC 110/220V)
Highlights for Huawei Quidway S1728GWR-4P Mainframe (24 10/100/1000Base-T and 4 1000 BASE-X SFP ports (1000 BASE-X) and AC 110/220V)
The S1700 series enterprise switches (S1700s) are next-generation energy-saving Ethernet access switches. The S1700 uses high-performance hardware, which offers a wide array of features to help customers build secure, reliable, high-performance networks. The S1700 is easy to install and maintain, and is ideal for small-size and medium-size enterprises, Internet cafes, hotels, and schools.
The S1700 consists of unmanaged switches, SNMP-based switches, and a web-managed switch:
- Unmanaged switches include the S1700-8-AC, S1700-24-AC, S1700-52R-2T2P-AC, S1700-8G-AC, and S1724G.
- SNMP-based switches include the S1700-28FR-2T2P-AC, S1700-52FR-2T2P-AC, S1700-28GFR-4P-AC, and S1700-52GFR-4P-AC.
- The web-managed switch is the S1728GWR-4P-AC.
- Twenty-four 10/100/1000M Ethernet electrical ports and four GE SFP optical ports
- AC power supply
- Packet forwarding rate: 42 Mpps
Product Characteristics and Advantages
Innovative energy saving design
- All S1700 series switches except the S1700-52GFR-4P-AC feature a fan-free design, which reduces power consumption and noise.
- The S1700 supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), which enables the switch to enter a power-saving mode when traffic is light.
- The S1700 can adjust the power output for transmissions based on the cable length. It can also set any ports that are not transmitting traffic to sleep mode.
Non-blocking and high-speed forwarding
- All S1700 ports provide Layer 2 wire-speed forwarding capabilities to ensure non-blocking packet forwarding. Most S1700 models provide optical and electrical GE uplink ports, which facilitate user access and are cost-effective.
- The S1700 MAC address table supports up to 8 K of MAC addresses, making it easy to expand networks and deploy new services.
Convenient management and maintenance
- The S1700 is easy to manage and maintain and comes with one-key operation button on the front panel.
- Web-managed S1700 models come with a web network management system, making it easy to configure switches.
- SNMP-based S1700 models allow for the use of an SNMP-based NMS for centralized configuration and management.
Powerful security performance
- The S1700 provides a range of security features, including 802.1x, RADIUS, and NAC. The S1700 also supports packet filtering based on MAC addresses or ports to defend against hacker and virus attacks.
Great networking and bandwidth extensibility
- The S1700 provides LACP, STP, RSTP, and MSTP functions to implement link aggregation and backup. SNMPbased switches support up to eight MSTP instances for flexible networking.
- Security features:
- Packet filtering based on MAC addresses
- Port-based 802.1x authentication
- RADIUS authentication
- Port isolation
- 256 VLANs
- Access port
- Trunk port
- Hybrid port
- Management VLAN
- Voice VLAN
- PQ and WRR
- Four queues on each port
- Queue scheduling based on 802.1p or DSCP priorities
- STP: STP(IEEE 802.1d), RSTP(IEEE 802.1w)
- Multicast: IGMP snooping and a maximum of 256 multicast groups
- Link aggregation:
- 12 link aggregation groups (LAGs) and a maximum of eight ports in each LAG
- Static LACP
- Port mirroring: Port-based bidirectional flow mirroring
- Bandwidth control: Rate limiting for incoming and outgoing packets, with the granularity of 64 kbps
- Broadcast storm suppression:
- Broadcast storm suppression based on the interface rate
- Alarm sending when the traffic rate reaches the upper limit
- Device management:
- Web system network management
- DHCP client
- One-key restoration
- Device maintenance:
- System log
- Virtual Cable Test (VCT)
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Type: Webmanaged Switch
- Model: S1728GWR-4P-AC
- Downlink port: Twenty-four 10/100/1000 M electrical ports
- Uplink port: 4 GE SFP optical ports
- MAC address table: 8 K MAC
- Dimensions WxDxH: 442x220x43.6mm
- Input voltage: 100 V to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- EEE: Supported
- Power consumption: <20W
- Operating temperature: 0 degrees C to 45 degrees C
- Humidity: 20% to 85% (noncondensing)
- Storage humidity: 5% to 95% (noncondensing)
- Heat dissipation: Without fan modules