- Learn More
Product Information for D-link DES-1008E Ethernet Switch - 8 Port
Highlights for D-link DES-1008E Ethernet Switch - 8 Port
- Product Type:Ethernet Switch
- Number of Ports:8
- Form Factor:Wall-mountable
The DES-1008Eis ideal fordeployment with multiple high-speed servers for 10Mbps or 100Mbpsshared-bandwidth workgroups. With the highest bandwidth at 200Mbps (100Mbps full-duplex mode), any port can provide workstations with a congestion-free data pipe for simultaneous access to the server.
Management & Protocols
Media & Performance
Network & Communication
Processor & Chipset
Management & Protocols
Learn More About D-link DES-1008E Ethernet Switch - 8 Port
DescriptionThe 8-Port Desktop Switch lets you network up to eight devices at speeds up to 200Mbps at full-duplex capability and is compacted enough to be placed virtually anywhere in your home or office.
AUTO-SENSING 10/100 PORTS
The DES-1008E uses auto-sensing 10/100 Mbps ports, allowing a small workgroup to flexibly connect to Ethernet and Fast Ethernet devices to create an integrated network. These ports detect the network speed and auto-negotiate between 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, as well as between full and half-duplex, allowing you to get the maximum speed possible for each device connected to your network.
AUTO MDI/MDIX CROSSOVER
All ports support automatic MDI/MDIX crossover, eliminating the need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Each port can be plugged directly to a server, hub, router, or switch using regular straight-through twisted-pair Ethernet cables.
FLOW CONTROL FOR SECURE TRANSMISSION
802.3x flow control on each port minimizes dropped packets when the port’s receiving buffer is full. This gives you a more reliable connection for all of your connected devices.
- Eight 10/100 Mbps Switched Ports
- Up to 100 Mbps of Dedicated Bandwidth per Port and up to 200 Mbps Bandwidth in Full-Duplex Mode1
- Auto MDI/MDI-X Crossover for all Ports
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- Plug & Play Installation
- Supports MAC Address Learning
- Wall Mountable
- 24/7 Basic Installation Support
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
|Data Transfer Rates||
|Media Interface Exchange||
|Mac Address Table||
|Mac Address Learning||
|Packet Filtering/Forwarding Rates||
|Device Dimensions (W x D x H)||
|Minimum System Requirements||
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
- 1 Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic and network overhead, lower actual data throughtput rate.
- 2 Limited Lifetime Warranty available only in the USA and Canada if purchased on or after June 1, 2010.