- Learn More
Product Information for D-link DGS-1008G Ethernet Switch - 8 Port
Highlights for D-link DGS-1008G Ethernet Switch - 8 Port
- Product Type:Ethernet Switch
- Number of Ports:8
- Form Factor:Desktop
The D-link 8-port Gigabit Switch (DGS-1008G) is part of a new series of Green devices using D-Link Green technology. Created with the Small or Home Office (SOHO) user in mind, the DGS-1008G saves energy while reducing heat output, providing you a longer product life without sacrificing operational performance or functionality. Combined with an efficient power adapter that is EnergyStar level V qualified, minimized the use of harmful substances (RoHS compliant) in the device and enclosed in recyclable packaging make this switch truly environmentally friendly.
Management & Protocols
IEEE 802.1p QoS
Media & Performance
Green Compliance Certificate/AuthorityRoHS
Network & Communication
Processor & Chipset
Management & Protocols
Learn More About D-link DGS-1008G Ethernet Switch - 8 Port
DescriptionThe D-Link 8-port Gigabit Switch (DGS-1008G) is part of a new series of Green devices using D-Link Green technology. Created with the Small or Home Office(SOHO) user in mind, the DGS-1008G saves energy while reducing heat output, providing you a longer product life without sacrificing operational performance or functionality.
Combined with an efficient power adapter that is EnergyStar level V qualified, minimized the use of harmful substances (RoHS compliant) in the device and enclosed in recyclable packaging make this switch truly environmentally friendly.
The DGS-1008G 8-port Gigabit Switch helps you conserve energy automatically through several methods. It automatically powers down ports that have no link activity, allowing the switch to save energy by cutting power usage for unused ports or ports connected to computers that have been shut down. It can also detect connected cable lengths and adjust power usage accordingly, helping you save energy without effecting networking performance.
The 8-port Gigabit Switch was designed with the environment in mind. It is compliant with energy Star level V, as well as with the strict CEC and MEPS regulations that require the use of energy efficient power adapters. The switch is also built to follow RoHS standards to minimize use of hazardous materials, and uses recyclable packaging that helps reduce waste, complying with the WEEE directive.
Limited Lifetime WarrantyTo further its commitment to product quality, D-Link offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the DGS-1008G. If it breaks, have the peace of mind that D-Link will repair or replace the product for free.
- Eight 10/100/1000 Mbps Switch Ports
- Up to 1 Gbps of Dedicated Bandwidth per Port and up to 2 Gbps Bandwidth in Full-Duplex Mode1
- Supports IEEE 802.1p QoS Prioritization2
- Jumbo Frame Support of up to 9,216 Bytes
- Cable Diagnostics Function
- Auto MDI/MDI-X Crossover for all Ports
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- Plug & Play Installation
- Supports MAC Address Learning
- Wall Mountable
- 24/7 Basic Installation Support
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
|Data Transfer Rates||
|Media Interface Exchange||
|Mac Address Table||
|Mac Address Learning||
|Packet Filtering/Forwarding Rates||
|Device Dimensions (W x D x H)||
|Minimum System Requirements||
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
- 1 Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic and network overhead, lower actual data throughtput rate.
- 2 The attached devices must have a Gigabit NIC that supports 802.1p queuing to allow QoS functionality.
- 3 Limited Lifetime Warranty available only in the USA and Canada if purchased on or after June 1, 2010.