- Learn More
Product Information for Symantec Norton 360 2013 Premier Edition - Subscription Package - 3 PC in One Household
Highlights for Symantec Norton 360 2013 Premier Edition - Subscription Package - 3 PC in One Household
- License Validation Period:1 Year
- License Quantity:3 PC in One Household
- Distribution Media/Method:CD-ROM
Learn More About Symantec Norton 360 2013 Premier Edition - Subscription Package - 3 PC in One Household
Powerful Internet protection no matter where you go or what you do online, combined with automated backup and PC Tuneup.
Norton 360™ Premier Edition provides proactive protection, 25 GB of automatic backup, and tune-up tools to help keep you safe from threats, guard your files against loss, and optimize PC performance.
Our five patented layers of protection eliminate threats before they can reach your PC, so you can freely surf, shop, socialize, and share online without worry.
Automatic backup lets you restore files in case of a hard drive crash. And PC Tuneup keeps your computer running fast and trouble-free.Cloud-based Norton Management lets you update, renew, or install Norton 360 on additional PCs over the Internet. You can even bring together your Norton products for your other devices, in one place, with a few simple clicks.
Benefits with Supporting Features
Provides a single, comprehensive solution that protects you from threats, guards your files against loss, and optimizes your PC’s performance.
- Seamlessly combines proactive threat protection with automatic backup and computer tune-up tools.
Lets you share, surf, shop, bank, and socialize online without downloading threats, getting ripped off, or having your passwords and identity stolen
Automatically backs up your files—so you don’t have to remember to do it—without getting in your way
- Our five patented layers of protection quickly and accurately detect and eliminate almost any threat without false alarms.
- Ultra-fast network defense layer stops threats before they can reach your PC.
- Powerful threat-removal layer targets and gets rid of aggressive, hard-to-remove infections that less sophisticated products often miss.
- Browser protection blocks “phishing” websites set up to trick you into revealing your passwords, credit card numbers, and other confidential information.
- Scans your Facebook News Feed for dangerous downloads, suspicious links, and unsafe websites.
- Advanced reputation and behavior antivirus technology protects you from all types of viruses, even those that haven’t been invented yet.
- Backs up your photos, music, and other important files to your choice of disc, USB device, or online to one of our secure data centers.
- Automatic sensors can tell when you aren’t using your PC, so you won’t be interrupted by backups.
- Protects files you back up online with government-grade encryption.
- Restores files with just a few clicks.
- Lets you download files you back up online to any computer that has an Internet connection and even share them by simply emailing a link.
Cleans up and tunes up your PC to keep it running fast and trouble-free
- Fixes common problems that can slow down your computer or cause it to crash or freeze.
- Gets rid of unnecessary files and optimizes your hard drive.
- Frees up system memory.
Protects without slowing you down or getting in your way
Cloud-based Norton Management puts you in complete control and simplifies protecting your various devices
- Superior performance means fast browsing and file scanning.
- Scans and runs updates only when you’re not using your computer.
- Works quietly in the background to block threats and won’t constantly annoy you with pop-up alerts asking you to take action.
- Lets you fix, update, renew, or install Norton products on additional PCs, without having to find your install CD or product key.
- Brings together your other Norton protection products for your Mac® computer, smartphone, and tablet, in one convenient location.
EXCLUSIVE! Norton Protection System:
Our five patented layers of protection detect and eliminate threats more quickly and accurately than other technologies.
Network Defense Layer Protection:
Stops online threats before they can reach your computer.IMPROVED! SONAR Behavioral Protection & Live 24/7 Threat Monitoring:
Stays ahead of, detects, and eliminates threats that haven’t been invented yet by watching your PC for suspicious activity.
NEW! Threat-Removal Layer:
Targets and eliminates hard-to-remove threats less sophisticated products often miss.
EXCLUSIVE! Norton Management:
Cloud-based controls let you fix, update, renew, and install Norton 360™ over the Internet with a few simple clicks. It brings together your available Norton protection for other devices, like your Mac® computer, smartphone, or tablet, in one place.
Norton Safe Web for Facebook:
Scans your Facebook News Feed for dangerous links, infected downloads, and unsafe websites.Automatic Backup:
Backs up your photos, music, and other important files only when you’re not using your computer, so it won’t get in your way and you don’t have to remember to do it.
Fixes common computer problems, frees up memory, removes unnecessary files, and cleans up your hard drive.
NEW! Always Up-To-Date Product Version:
Norton automatically sends you important product and feature updates throughout the year. The latest version installs without you needing to do anything.
FREE 24x7 Support:
Offers you expert help and answers by phone, live chat, or online whenever you need them.1
Secondary FeaturesEXCLUSIVE! Parental Controls Management: Lets you access Norton Online Family through Norton 360.
Antiphishing Technology: Blocks fraudulent “phishing” websites set up by online scammers to steal your money, passwords, and identity.
Norton Identity Safe: Remembers, secures, and automatically enters your user names and passwords for you.
EXCLUSIVE! Insight: Improves performance by identifying safe files and only scanning unknown files.
Norton Safe Web: Proactively protects you while you surf the Web by warning of and blocking unsafe and fake websites right in your search results.2
Browser Protection: Proactively protects you by checking for and blocking online threats as your browser loads, to stop online threats before they can do damage.
Web-Based Backup Access: Lets you download and share photos, videos, and other files you’ve backed up online, anytime, anywhere via the cloud.
Download Insight 2.0: Protects you from dangerous applications before you install them by telling you if they are harmful or unstable.
NEW! Scam Insight: Reviews a website’s reputation and lets you know if it is safe to enter your personal information, so you can be confident it won’t be stolen by cybercriminals.
Vulnerability Protection: Stops cybercriminals from using security holes (vulnerabilities) in applications to sneak threats onto your PC.
IMPROVED! Bandwidth Management 2.0: Automatically adjusts Norton data usage updates when you connect to 3G networks to avoid using up your monthly data allotment or causing overage fees
EXCLUSIVE! Norton Pulse Updates: Updates your protection every 5 to 15 minutes, without disrupting you.
Email and Instant Message Monitoring: Scans email and IMs for suspicious links, attachments, and other tricks cybercriminals use to steal your identity and your hard-earned money.
IMPROVED! Smart Two-Way Firewall: Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your PC and stealing your personal information—without constantly asking you to make the security decisions. Now smarter and faster.
Professional-Strength Spam Blocking: Keeps your mailbox free of unwanted, dangerous, and fraudulent emails.
Network Mapping and Monitoring: Shows all the devices connected to your home network, so you can spot uninvited guests using your wireless connection and/or eavesdropping on you.
Norton Bootable Recovery Tool: Creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC back up and running, even if it’s so infected that it won’t start up.
Silent Mode: Puts alerts and non-critical updates on hold when you’re watching movies or playing games in full-screen mode on your PC.
Norton Control Center: Gives you easy access to program settings and Web-based Norton services from your choice of a standard detailed view or a simplified view.
Start-Up Manager: Helps reduce the time it takes your computer to start up.
Smart Scheduler: Runs scans and updates only when you’re not using your PC.
Monthly Report: Tells you what Norton 360 has done in the previous month to protect you from threats.
Power-Saver Settings: Maximizes your laptop’s battery life by putting off non-critical activities until you plug in your computer.
Minimum System Requirements
Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)3
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 84
- 256 MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients
Support for Antispam
- Microsoft Outlook® 2002 or later
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Windows Mail (spam filtering only)
Browser Support for Phishing Protection, Safe Search, and Password Management
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)4 , 5
- Mozilla® Firefox® (32-bit only)5 , 6
- Google Chrome™5 , 6
Browser Support for Vulnerability Protection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)4 , 5
- Mozilla® Firefox® (32-bit only)5 , 6
Online Backup feature requires high-speed Internet connection
- 1 Symantec provides free 24x7 chat and phone support for a period of one year. Continuing support is available with an active service period subscription. Renewing your service period subscription and updating to the latest product version may be required to access support. NortonLive Services sold separately. For full details and to access support, go to www.symantec.com/globalsupport
- 2 Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers only. Supports Google, Bing, Yahoo!, and Ask search engines.
- 3 Some protection features are not available in Windows 8 style browsing mode.
- 4 Some protection features are not available in Windows style browsing mode.
- 5 As made available by Symantec within your service period.
- 6 Supports current and the most recent previous 32-bit major releases.