Product Information for Symantec AntiVirus 2012 - Complete Product - 3 PC in One Household
Highlights for Symantec AntiVirus 2012 - Complete Product - 3 PC in One Household
- License Type:Complete Product
- Platform Supported:PC
- Package Type:Retail
- License Pricing:Standard
Norton AntiVirus 2012 defends your computer against detected viruses, spyware, worms, bots, malware, malicious software, and more while minimizing the performance impact or getting in your way.
The improved Norton AntiVirus Protection System features multi-layered protection technologies that work together to proactively block attacks and detect and remove threats before they can harm your PC. Norton AntiVirus offers a fast install time, fast boot time and low memory requirements.
Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients
- 300 MHz (Windows XP)
- 1 GHz (Windows 7/Vista)
- Windows XP Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center with Service Pack 2 or later (32-bit)
- Windows Vista Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate (32/64-bit)
- 300 MB of available space
- 256 MB RAM
Norton Protection System:
- Provides four unique layers of powerful protection proven to stop online threats before they can infect your computer.
- Checks where files came from and how long they've been around to stops new online threats before they can cause you trouble.
Download Insight 2.0:
- Protects you from dangerous applications by telling you if an application may harm the health and stability of your computer before you download it.
Sonar 4 Behavioral Protection:
- Monitors your computer for suspicious behavior to more quickly and accurately detect and stop new threats.
- Is cloud based so you can download, install, transfer, update or renew Norton products from anywhere right over the Internet.
Network threat protection:
- Detects threats as they travel over a network and eliminates them before they can reach your computer.
- Smart protection springs into action as your browser begins to load to stop online threats before they can do any harm.
- Stops cybercriminals from using security holes (vulnerabilities) in applications to sneak threats onto your PC.
- Limits non-critical Norton updates when you connect to 3G networks so it won't eat up your monthly data allotment or cause overage fees.
Norton Pulse Updates:
- Updates your protection every 5 to15 minutes - without disrupting you - for up-to-the-minute protection against the latest threats.
Free 24x7 support:
- Offers you expert help and answers by phone, email, live chat or online whenever you need it.
Norton Control Center:
- Gives you easy access to program settings and Web-based Norton services from your choice of a standard detailed view or new simplified view.
Email and instant message monitoring:
- Scans email and IMs for suspicious links, attachments and other tricks cybercriminals use to steal your identity and your money.
Norton Bootable Recovery Tool:
- Creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets your PC back up and running, even if it's so infected that it won't start up.
- Puts alerts and non-critical updates on hold when you're watching movies or playing games in full-screen on your PC.
- Runs scans and updates only when you're not using your PC.
- Tells you what Norton AntiVirus has done in the previous month to keep you safe from threats.
Power saver settings:
- Maximizes your laptop's battery life by putting off non-critical activities until your computer is plugged in.