Product Information for IBM Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R.2 Enterprise - License and Media
Highlights for IBM Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R.2 Enterprise - License and Media
- License Type:License and Media
- License Pricing:OEM
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition provides you with high levels of system uptime and the scalability to support the growth of mission-critical applications. It also provides a cost-effective way to realize the benefits of virtualization.
Providing uninterrupted business services to employees, vendors, and partners around the clock has become a critical business factor for global businesses. Remote employees and international customers and partners need to have continuous access to systems and data. A disruption in services can result in diminished productivity and lost opportunities.
License Quantity: 10 CALs, 1 Server (1-8 CPU)
- 1.4 GHz (64-bit)
- 32 GB or greater
- 512 MB RAM (2 TB Recommended)
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor
- Keyboard and Microsoft mouse (or other compatible pointing device)
- Internet access
- Be aware that 32 GB should be considered an absolute minimum value for successful installation. The system partition will need extra space for any of the following circumstances:
- If you install the system over a network.
- Computers with more than 16 GB of RAM will require more disk space for paging, hibernation, and dump files.
- If you install the Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-Based Systems edition.
- AD Rights Management Services
- BranchCache™ Content Server
- BranchCache™ Hosted Server
- Internet Information Services 7.5
- Network Access Protection
- Remote Desktop Services
- Server Core
- Server Manager
- Windows Deployment Services
- Windows PowerShell™