Highlights for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R.2.0 Workgroup Edition with Service Pack 1 64-bit
- License Type:License and Media
- Platform Supported:PC
- License Pricing:OEM
System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 helps enable centralized management of physical and virtual IT infrastructure, increased server utilization, and dynamic resource optimization across multiple virtualization platforms. It includes end-to-end capabilities such as planning, deploying, managing, and optimizing the virtual infrastructure.
Product InformationGame Expansion Pack: Not Applicable
General InformationProduct Type: SoftwareDistribution Media/Method: DVD-ROMManufacturer Part Number: SNA-00651Manufacturer Website Address: www.microsoft.comManufacturer: Microsoft CorporationProduct Name: System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R.2.0 Workgroup Edition With Service Pack 1 64-bitBrand Name: Microsoft
License InformationLicense Pricing: OEMLicense Type: License and MediaLicense Quantity: 1 Server
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Vista
Product InformationPlatform Supported: PCFeatures:
Language Supported: EnglishSoftware Name: System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R.2.0 Workgroup Edition With Service Pack 1 64-bitSoftware Sub Type: Remote ManagementSoftware Main Type: Network & CommunicationOperating System Supported: WindowsESRB Rating: Not ApplicablePEGI Rating: Not Applicable
- Designed for virtual machines running on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
- Provides support for Microsoft Virtual Server, VMware ESX, Clustered Shared Volumes, and third-party CFS.
- Live Migration feature lets administrators use Virtual Machine Manager to easily migrate virtual machines between clustered hosts without affecting connected users.
- Clustered Shared Volumes feature enables the placement of multiple virtual machines on a single shared logical unit number (LUN) for individual management.
- Hot addition/removal of storage helps administrators quickly and efficiently respond to changing storage requirements of virtual machines.
- Maintenance Mode simplifies the process of initiating maintenance or upgrades to virtual hosts, safely evacuating virtual machines to other hosts within the cluster before maintenance begins.
- Assesses and then consolidates suitable server workloads onto virtual machine host infrastructure, freeing up physical resources for repurposing or hardware retirement.
- Supports third-party file systems by detecting CFS disks and allows for deploying multiple VMs per LUN.
- Reduces the complexity of reconciling host servers with differing domain names in Active Directory and DNS.
Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R.2.0 Workgroup Edition with Service Pack 1 64-bit
Remote Management - OEM - DVD-ROM - PC - English