Product Information for Nuance Communications, Inc. OmniPage v.18.0 Professional - Upgrade Package - 1 User
Highlights for Nuance Communications, Inc. OmniPage v.18.0 Professional - Upgrade Package - 1 User
- License Pricing:Standard
- Package Type:Retail
- Platform Supported:PC
How can you get the document into the format you want without having to do extensive re-typing or re-editing?
Now the answer is OmniPage Professional 18. This innovative solution lets you convert paper, PDF files and forms at lightning speed into documents you can edit on your PC or archive in a document repository. Amazing accuracy, combined with batch processing and comprehensive network features, make it the perfect choice for organizations of all kinds.
OmniPage eliminates paper and digital inefficiency by improving productivity, enhancing responsiveness and reducing storage and material costs. Organizations save significant time and money by leveraging the superior OCR and document formatting accuracy of OmniPage to instantly convert documents into the format of their choice. Retyping is eliminated, tasks are automated, information is easily accessed and productivity soars.
Supported Document Management System:
- Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server 2003 and 2007
- Open Text Hummingbird Enterprise 2005
- Autonomy-Interwoven (iManage) WorkSite 8.2
- ODMA Link supporting a broad range of document management systems. Check with the vendor of your specific service to see if they work with ODMA
- 1 GHz Intel Pentium, higher or equivalent
- Multi-Core processor recommended for advanced performance
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (32/64-bit)
- Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (32-bit)
- 250 MB space for the application files and sample images, plus 100 MB working space during installation
- An additional 230 MB for RealSpeak Solo speech modules
- 150 MB for PDF Create and 500 MB for PaperPort
- 30 MB for Nuance Cloud Connector
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB Recommended for advanced performance)
- CD-ROM for installation
- 1024x768 pixel color monitor with 16-bit color or greater video card
- WIA, TWAIN or ISIS scanner driver
- 2-megapixel digital camera with auto-focus or higher for digital camera text capture
- Web access needed for online Activation, Registration, Live Update and Nuance Cloud Connectors
- Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer's processor, memory, and available disk space exceed minimum requirements. This is especially true when converting very large color PDF files
- 67% improved layout accuracy
- 18% improved word accuracy
- 50% more compressed Searchable PDF-MRC files without loosing any word accuracy
- 30% faster processing on multipage PDF documents
Start Page provides guidance:
- When OmniPage opens it presents clear options to open or scan documents, open OmniPage Project Documents and provides pre-programmed workflows to take your documents from one format to another in one easy step.
Most productive and accurate searchable PDF ever - eDiscovery Assistant for searchable PDF:
- PDF files are everywhere and can come from a variety of sources. They can include scanned pages, embedded images, and other types of information. Many of these elements don't include searchable text.
- The new eDiscovery Assistant for searchable PDF is a revolution in safely converting a single PDF or batches of PDFs of all types into completely searchable documents.
- Now you don't have to open PDF files one by one, or use an OCR process that might unintentionally wipe out valuable information.
Connect and convert in the Cloud:
- Download input files from web storage sites and return recognition results there. OmniPage provides native integration with Evernote and Dropbox.
- In addition, the included Nuance Cloud Connector application provides access to a number of cloud services including Microsoft Live SkyDrive, GoogleDocs, Box.net and many more.
- The added benefit of the Nuance Cloud Connector is its ability to integrate directly with Microsoft Windows providing easy drag-and-drop access directly to cloud services.
- The Nuance Cloud Connector is also upgradeable to a more feature rich version of the product called Gladinet Cloud Desktop Pro.
- This enhanced version adds additional functionality for using cloud services for automatic backup and file synchronization.
Better scanned images produces better accuracy - Improved Pre-Processing:
- The algorithms for removing speckles and dots from page images to help increase accuracy are improved, with a choice of despeckling methods (Normal, Halftone, Salt & Pepper).
Poorly scanned images need OmniPage with scanner enhancement tools (SET Tools):
- When whiteboard content is captured by digital camera, the text and diagrams can be enhanced for maximum readability.
- Auto-crop pages to have margins detected and reduced; the punch hole remover and border tools produce clean page borders without scanning shadows and marginal notes.
Automatic language detection:
- Let the program assign a single language to each incoming page during unattended processing.
- It chooses from the languages with dictionary support that use a latin-based alphabet (so Russian and Greek are excluded) plus Japanese, Korean and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified). When this feature is enabled, no manual language selection is necessary.
Better control over determining blank pages:
- A new sensitivity setting increases the accuracy of recognizing blank pages that may scan as light gray or colored pages by allowing the threshold for blankness to be adjusted.
- This improves the use of two controls: the new pre-processing option 'Drop blank pages' and the existing saving option 'Create a new file at each blank page'.
- Scanners that support ISIS drivers can be used to scan directly into OmniPage.