Product Information for RF IDeas Proximity Card Reader HID USB Model - Black
Highlights for RF IDeas Proximity Card Reader HID USB Model - Black
The USB model connects directly to USB port and sends as keystrokes. The RS-232 model connects to a standard serial PC COM port, or hardware wedge, and sends data as ASCII. Ethernet model emulates serial port reader and comes with software to redirect the IP address to virtual COM port on Windows-based PCs. The USB Virtual COM model emulates virtual serial device.
Compatible with Windows CE, 98SE, 2000, XP, 7, Vista, Macintosh, Linux. No client side software is required.
Improves accuracy of information and productivity
Eliminates errors associated with individual identification.
Versatile mounting options
Unobtrusive design can be placed anywhere on the desktop,or may be mounted on monitors, time clocks, etc. using optional brackets.
Meets medical/healthcare HIPAA requirements
When used as a log-on reader.
- Typical Maximum read range: 1.0” – 3.0” (2.5 – 7.6cm) dependent upon proximity card type and environmental conditions
- Dimensions: 3 3/8” x 2” x 0.6” (Models with RDR in part number only) 4.2” x 2.5” x 0.875” (10.6 x 6.35 x 2.2 cm)
- Weight: 0.45 lbs (12.7g)
- Power supply and interface: USB self-powered; RS-232 model; 5V supplied by PS2. Keyboard pass-thru connector
- Indicators: Tri-state LED, beeper
- Transmit frequency: 125 kHz
- Operating temperature range: -22° to 150°F (-30° to 65°C)
- Operating humidity range: 5% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Storage temperature range: -40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
- Interface: RS-232 DB9 Connector or USB or Ethernet
- Certifications: FCC, United States; CE Mark Europe, C-tic Australia, RoHS
- Warranty: One year for material/workmanship defects