- Learn More
Product Information for D-link DHP-501AV Powerline Network Adapter
Highlights for D-link DHP-501AV Powerline Network Adapter
- Data Transfer Rate:500 Mbps
- Interfaces/Ports:1 x HomePlug AV Powerline
Data Transmission Over Electrical Wiring
The D-Link DHP-500AV Powerline AV 500 Adapter uses your home's existing electrical wiring to create a network or extend your existing network. It turns every power outlet into a possible network connection to access digital media devices, game consoles, print servers, computers, and network storage devices throughout your home. Compliance with the IEEE 1901 standard and backward compatibility with the Homeplug AV ensure that the DHP-500AV can be used with older powerline devices.
Media & Performance
Integrated QoS prioritizes media and data
Learn More About D-link DHP-501AV Powerline Network Adapter
DescriptionBlazing speeds and connection from any room in the house, makes this PowerLine AV 500 Adapter ideal for high-bandwidth network-ready devices such as the Boxee Box, Blu-Ray players, Media Players, or Playstation® 3. The built in Quality of Service (QoS) helps prioritizes your traffic flow to make sure your HD Movies are streamed with high priority.The PowerLine AV 500 Adapter Starter Kit comes with 2 PowerLine AV 500 Adapters (DHP-500AV). It uses electrical wiring that’s already in your house to provide fast reliable Wired speed of up to 500Mbps1 , to any room in your house. Simply connect one adapter to an existing outlet2 , connect it to your router, and plug another adapter to any other room in your house to get instant High Speed Internet. No more tripping over tangled, messy wires running through your house.
Product specification, size, and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted on the package. See inside package for warranty details. D-Link PoweLine AV 500 Adapters (DHP-500AV, DHP-501AV) may coexist with but are not compatible or interoperable with D-Link PowerLine HD Ethernet Kit (DHP-301) or D-Link PowerLine HD Network Starter Kit (DHP-303). This product is designed for use in the USA and Canada. Use of this product in other countries might violate local laws.
- Uses Your Home’s Existing Electrical Wiring2
- Up to 500Mbps1 Throughput
- Plugs Into Existing Power Outlets2
- Power Saving Mode
- Backward Compatible with Homeplug AV
- Push and Secure
- Supports 128-bit AES Encryption For Network Security
- Plug & Play Installation
- QoS Support Helps Prioritize Internet Traffic
- 24/7 Basic Installation Support3
- 1-Year Limited Warranty4
|Powerline Modulation Scheme||
|Powerline Frequency Band||
|Minimum System Requirements||
All references to speed are for comparison purposes only. Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.
- 1 Maximum throughput based on theoretical transmission PHY rate. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of traffic and network overhead, may lower actual data throughput rate. Interference from devices that emit electrical noise, such as vacuum cleaners and hair dryers, may adversely affect the performance of this product. This product may interfere with devices such as lighting systems that have a dimmer switch, short wave radios, or other powerline devices that do not follow the HomePlug Powerline Alliance standard.
- 2 Power outlets and electrical wiring must all be part of the same electrical system. Certain electrical conditions in your home, such as wiring conditions and configuration may effect the performance of this product. A minimum of two D-Link Powerline AV Network Adapters are required to create a network. Connecting this product to a power strip with a surge protector may adversely affect the performance of this product. For best results, plug adapter directly into a power outlet.
- 3 24/7 Basic Installation Support is available only in the USA for the first 30 days from date of original purchase.
- 4 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada. Latest Software and Documentation available at http://support.dlink.com.