Product Information for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS2S 5.0MP Digital Camera (Silver)
Highlights for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS2S 5.0MP Digital Camera (Silver)
The DMC-LS2 combines a compact, easy-to-carry size with a powerful 3x optical zoom lens - equivalent to a 35 to 105mm lens on a 35mm camera - for dynamic closeups or great shots from a distance.
All of us have taken a shot that we thought was focused perfectly, only to have it turn out blurry. The most common cause of this is hand movement. Digital cameras are wonderfully light and compact -- but for the same reason they can also be hard to hold still. Even pressing the shutter button can cause the camera to move. And most people use the LCD monitor (with arms outstretched)to frame a shot -- great for getting the shot you want, but most likely adds to the likelihood of hand movement. Basically, hand movement is a real concern anytime you're taking a handheld telephoto shot, macro shot or self-portrait, or when shooting at night or in dim lighting.
The answer to the hand movement problem? An advanced optical image stabilizing system that we call MEGA Optical Image Stabilization. This system uses built-in gyrosensors to detect even tiny camera movement and then shifts a lens in the opposite direction to compensate. The system is completely optical -- it does not affect the CCD or image processing ? so you get sharp, clear images with minimal degradation. It lets you reduce the shutter speed more than 3 steps below1 the conventionally accepted hand movement limit, which is calculated as 1/focal length (1 divided by the focal length). It greatly expands what you can do with a handheld digital camera.
Widescreen 16:9 Mode for Panoramic Images This wonderful feature lets you shoot images in widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio), so that you can achieve bold, panoramic images that are perfect for dramatic, wide prints. Plus, you can view photos as full screen images on your widescreen TV.
Easy-to-See 2.0" Diagonal LCD with High Angle Mode The 2.0" diagonal LCD is clear, bright and easy to see. It lets you frame shots more comfortably. And when you're finished shooting, the big, bright display lets you enjoy functions like the 25-thumbnail display. The DMC-LS2 also has the world's first2 developed High Angle shooting function, which makes it easier to see the monitor when you're holding the camera high to shoot over a crowd.
MEGA BURST® Consecutive Shooting Snap off up to 5 consecutive shots at a swift 3 frames per second in Standard mode. And with Unlimited Consecutive Shooting3, you can keep shooting until the SD Memory Card or built-in memory is full.
The DMC-LS2 can be powered by two ordinary AA batteries, which you can buy just about anywhere. Using the Oxyride4 batteries that come with the camera, you can take up to 2505 shots.
Built-In Memory -- Take Pictures without an SD Memory Card Take photos even when you don't have an SD Memory Card on hand. The built-in memory holds up to 14MB6 of image data, which you can later copy onto an SD Memory Card or PC. You can also copy images from a memory card or PC to the built-in memory, and view them on the LCD anytime you like.
- Camera Effective Pixels 5.0 Megapixels
- Optical Image Stabilizer MEGA O.I.S. (Mode 1 / Mode 2 )
- Optical Zoom 3x
- CCD (Image Sensor) 1/2.5" 5.36 Total Megapixel CCD Primary Color Filter
- Extra Optical Zoom 4:3 Aspect Ratio: 3.8x for 3 Mega, 2 Mega, 1Mega, 0.3 Mega 3:2 Aspect Ratio: 3.8x for 2.5 Mega 16:9 Aspect Ratio: 3.8x for 2 Mega
- Digital Zoom 1 4x (Max. 12x combined with Optical Zoom without Extended Optical Zoom) (Max. 15x combined with Extended Optical Zoom)
- Focal Length f=5.8-17.4mm (35mm equivalent: 35-105mm)
- Lumix® DC Vario Lens 7 elements in 6 groups (3 Aspherical Lenses/ 3 Aspherical surfaces)
- Aperture Range Wide: F2.8/F5.6 (2 steps) Tele: F5.0 - F10 (2 steps)
- Focusing Area Normal: 50cm - infinity Macro/Simple/Motion Picture: Wide 5cm / Tele 30cm - infinity
- AF Metering 1 point 1 point high speed 3 points high speed 5 points Spot
- Focus Auto Focus System Normal/Macro (Dial)
- ISO Sensitivity Auto / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400
- White Balance Auto/Daylight/Cloudy/ Halogen/Flash/White Set White Balance Adjustment (except for Auto Set)
- Exposure Program AE
- Exposure Compensation 1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
- Backlight Compensation Yes (at simple mode)
- Auto Bracketing (AE) +1/3EV-1EV Step, 3 Frames
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple
- Scene Modes Dial: Simple, Normal Picture, Economy, Macro SCN1, SCN2:(Portrait, Sports, Food, Scenery, Night Scenery, Night Portrait, Fireworks, Party, Snow, Baby, Soft Skin, Starry Sky, Candle, Soft Skin, Baby1, Baby2), Moving Image, Playback
- Shutter Speed 8 - 1/2,000 sec. Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30, 60 sec.
- Self Timer 10 seconds / 2 seconds
- Auto Review 1 sec/3 sec/zoom
- Review 1x/4x/8x
- Picture Adjustment Natural, Standard, Vivid
- Color Effect Mode Cool, Warm, Black & White, Sepia
- Recording Format Still Image: JPEG 2, DPOF corresponding Motion Image: QuickTime® Motion JPEG
- Image Quality Fine/Standard
- Motion Image (Quick Time? Motion JPEG) 30 or 10 fps (320 x 240 pixels) 3
- Recording Image Size (Pixels ) y
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 2560 x 1920 2048 x 1536 1600 x 1200 1280 x 960 640 x 480
- 3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 2560 x 1712 2048 x 1360
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 2560 x 1440 1920 x 1080
- Burst Shooting Mode Full-resolution image: Standard Mode: Up to 9 images at 3 or 2 frames/sec. Fine Mode: Up to 5 images
- Unlimited Consecutive Shooting 4 Yes
- Real-time Histograms Yes
- Composition Guide Lines Yes
- Built-in Memory 14MB 5
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
- Auto Angle Detection Yes
- Economy Mode Yes (Dial)
- Built-in Flash Mode Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction Forced On/Off Wide: 0.3 - 3.7m (ISO Auto) Tele: 0.3 - 2.1m (ISO Auto)
- LCD Monitor 2.0" Diagonal Polycrystalline TFT LCD Display (85k pixels) Field of view: approx. 100%
- Playback Mode 25, 16 or 9-Thumbnail Display Zoomed Playback (16x max) Image Rotation Slide Show Favorite Pictures Resizing Trimming, Copy, Protection DPOF Setting
- OSD Language English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional), German, Italian, French
- Recording Media Built-in Memory SD Memory Card Multimedia Card
- Interface DC Input, Video Output (NTSC/PAL), USB
- Direct Print PictBridge
- Color Silver
- Power Supply Included: Two Oxyride™ AA Batteries Optional: AA Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries AA Alkaline Batteries AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)
- Battery Life 6 Up to 250 pictures (CIPA Standard) with included AA Oxyride™ Batteries
- ArcSoft® PhotoImpression™ Yes
- ArcSoft® PhotoBase™ Yes
- USB Driver Yes
- Lumix® Simple Viewer Yes
- Batteries Two AA Oxyride Batteries
- Cables Video & USB
- Strap Yes
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.11'' x 4.35'' x 1.22''
- Weight .3 lbs