- Learn More
Product Information for SonicWALL E-Class NSA E8500 Firewall Appliance
Highlights for SonicWALL E-Class NSA E8500 Firewall Appliance
- Form Factor:Rack-mountable
- Product Type:Network Security/Firewall Appliance
Today's enterprise applications reside on both the network and in the cloud. These applications can be either productive business solutions or counterproductive-and often dangerous-diversions. Critical applications need bandwidth prioritization, while social media and gaming applications need to be bandwidth throttled or even completely blocked. Traditional stateful packet inspection firewalls only scan for ports and protocols-not applications-so they cannot tell the good applications from the bad.
Media & Performance
Green Compliance Certificate/AuthorityRoHS
Network & Communication
Management & Protocols
- 512 x VLAN Interfaces (802.1q)
- 2500 x Internal Database Users
- 7000 x Single Sign-on Users
- 10000 x Site-to-Site VPN Tunnels
- 25 x Virtual Assist Bundled (Maximum)
- 128 x SonicPoints Supported (Maximum)
- 1500000 x Maximum Connections
- 1250000 x Maximum Full DPI Connections
- 85000 x New Connections/Sec
Learn More About SonicWALL E-Class NSA E8500 Firewall Appliance
All-in-one deep security bundle
Dell SonicWALL E-Class NSA E8500 TotalSecure is an appliance, service, and support bundle that delivers the power and convenience of all-in-one network protection by combining gateway anti-virus, anti-spyware intrusion prevention, application intelligence, control and visualization, content/web filtering, firmware updates and 24x7 support onto a high-performance, deep packet inspection firewall. Even before new threats begin to spread, TotalSecure solutions are automatically updated with signatures that stop attacks before they enter the network, ensuring around-the-clock protection. TotalSecure provides complete network security against threats, including viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans and other malware, yet it is simple to install and manage.
The Dell SonicWALL NSA E8500 next-generation firewall is designed for enterprise networks that require full deep packet inspection protection and application control without compromising performance. This powerful solution combines tightly integrated intrusion prevention, sophisticated anti-malware protection and powerful application intelligence, control and visualization. Utilizing the patented Dell SonicWALL Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection® (RFDPI) engine, the NSA E8500 can analyze and control thousands of applications even if they are encrypted with SSL. This exceptional combination of software sophistication and incredibly powerful hardware is capable of inspecting hundreds of thousands of connections simultaneously across all ports, with nearly zero latency and without file size limitations.
TotalSecure Bundle includes
- Next-generation firewall
- Intrusion prevention with sophisticated anti-evasion technology
- Network-based anti-malware with CloudAssist
- Content/URL Filtering
- 24x7 Support
Next-Generation FirewallThe E-Class NSA E8500 provides intrusion prevention, application visibility and control, bandwidth management, network-based malware protection, SSL decryption and inspection and content/URL filtering on a high-performance platform through its comprehensive and intuitive management interface. This powerful combination ensures state-of-the-art security at a low total cost of ownership.
High PerformanceDell SonicWALL’s patented Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection engine combined with the E-Class NSA E8500’s quad-core security platform is capable of inspecting thousands of simultaneous connections across all ports. The E-Class NSA E8500 provides Deep Packet Inspection across all interfaces with nearly zero latency and without file size limitation.
Secure Mobile AccessAll Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls deliver secure mobile access from a wide variety of platforms including Windows, Linux and Mac OS, enabling organizations to enforce security and access control rules as part of a multilayered BYOD strategy. For mobile devices running iOS or Android, SonicWALL Mobile Connect provides users with simple, policy-enforced access to corporate and academic resources over SSL encrypted connections.
Gateway Anti-Malware, Intrusion Prevention, Application Intelligence and Control
- Gateway Anti-Malware - provides a robust layer of defense against malware before it can reach systems on your network. Delivers high performance protection against millions of unique variants of malware with near zero latency and no file size limitation.
- Intrusion Prevention - tightly integrated, countermeasure-based network intrusion prevention protects against a comprehensive array of network and application layer threats by scrutinizing packet payloads for attacks and exploits that attack critical internal systems.
- Application Intelligence and Control - provides real-time insight and control of network traffic broken down by applications, users and content through intuitive on-board visualization. The ability to prioritize important applications, throttle down unproductive applications and block unwanted application components ensures an efficient and safe network.
Content Filtering ServiceDell SonicWALL Content Filtering Service provides granular controls and unequalled content filtering to enforce acceptable use policies and block access to websites containing information or images that are objectionable or unproductive.
24x7 SupportAvailable 24x7, Dell SonicWALL Support Services include telephone, email and Web-based technical support, software and firmware update and upgrades, advance exchange hardware replacement, plus access to electronic support tools and moderated discussion groups.
- Next-Generation Firewall
- Intrusion Prevention System
- Network-based anti-malware protection
- Application visibility, control and bandwidth management
- Decryption and inspection of SSL encrypted traffic
- Secure mobile access for a wide variety of platforms
- Integrated wireless controller
- Powerful real-time reporting
- Stateful high availability failover
- Support for IPFIX/NetFlow data exporting
- Intuitive graphical user interface
- Easy-to-configure site-to-site VPN
- ‘N-1’ WAN failover
Upgrades & Subscriptions
Comprehensive Anti-Spam ServiceWith 94% of email classified as junk, sorting good email from bad can be an administrative nightmare. By adding Dell™ SonicWALL™ Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service (CASS) to a Dell SonicWALL firewall, your business can remove junk email at the gateway and quickly ensure the delivery of only good email to your email server. With one-click activation, businesses with up to 250 users can easily stop spam before it enters the network.
Deep Packet Inspection of SSL encrypted traffic (DPI-SSL)DPI-SSL transparently decrypts, inspects and then re-encrypts SSL encrypted traffic to allow intrusion prevention, malware protection, and application control to be applied to all traffic that traverses Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls.
Analyzer Reporting SoftwareDell™ SonicWALL™ Analyzer is an easy-to-use application traffic flow analytics and reporting tool that provides real-time and historical insight into the performance and security of the network.
Global Management System (GMS)The Dell SonicWALL Global Management System (GMS) is a powerful and intuitive solution to centrally manage and rapidly deploy hundreds of Dell SonicWALL firewall, anti-spam, and secure remote access solutions. Flexibly deployed as software, hardware, or a virtual appliance, Dell SonicWALL GMS offers centralized real-time monitoring, and comprehensive policy and compliance reporting.
Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-SpywareThe Dell SonicWALL Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware service provides a critical layer of protection by automatically ensuring network users are actively running the most current McAfee anti-virus software.