- Learn More
Product Information for SonicWALL TZ 215 TotalSecure Firewall Appliance
Highlights for SonicWALL TZ 215 TotalSecure Firewall Appliance
- Form Factor:Desktop
- Product Type:Firewall Appliance
- Anti-Virus Throughput:70 Mbps
TZ 215 Series features.
The TZ 215 provides intelligent protection, business-class performance, advanced networking features and configuration flexibility in an affordable desktop appliance that's easy to set up, operate and manage.
High-performance security engine.
The SonicWALL TZ 215 uses patented Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection to examine traffic simultaneously across all ports without introducing latency to the network, enabling businesses to realize increased productivity gains.
Media & Performance
Green Compliance Certificate/AuthorityRoHS
Processor & Chipset
Management & Protocols
- Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Web-based Management
- SNMP v2
- Netflow v5/9
- 15 x Site-to-Site VPN Tunnels
- 2 x Global VPN Clients (Bundled)
- 25 x Global VPN Clients (Maximum)
- 2 x SSL VPN NetExtender Clients
- 10 x SSL VPN NetExtender Clients (Maximum)
- 20 x VLAN Interfaces
- 16 x SonicPoints Supported
- 48000 x Maximum Connections
- 32000 x Maximum UTM Connections
- 1800 x New Connections per Second
Learn More About SonicWALL TZ 215 TotalSecure Firewall Appliance
All-in-one deep security bundle
SonicWall TZ 215 TotalSecure is an appliance, service, and support bundle that delivers the power and convenience of all-in-one network protection by combining gateway anti-virus, anti-spyware intrusion prevention, application intelligence, control and visualization, content/web filtering, firmware updates and 24x7 support onto a high-performance, deep packet inspection firewall. Even before new threats begin to spread, TotalSecure solutions are automatically updated with signatures that stop attacks before they enter the network, ensuring around-the-clock protection. TotalSecure provides complete network security against threats, including viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans and other malware, yet it is simple to install and manage.
The SonicWall TZ 215 is one of the most secure, highest performance Unified Threat Management (UTM) firewalls available for small businesses, distributed enterprises, branch offices and retail deployments. With integrated support for anti-malware, intrusion prevention, application control and URL filtering, the TZ 215 drives down cost and complexity. It provides a dual-core architecture delivering full deep packet inspection (DPI) without diminishing network performance, thus eliminating bottlenecks that other products introduce, and enabling businesses to realize increased productivity gains. The TZ 215 also provides application control to ensure bandwidth for critical applications, while throttling nonproductive ones.
TotalSecure Bundle includes
- Unified Threat Management firewall
- Intrusion prevention with sophisticated anti-evasion technology
- Network-based anti-malware with CloudAssist
- Content/URL Filtering
- 24x7 Support
Unified Threat ManagementThe TZ Series offers application control, gateway anti-malware, intrusion prevention and content filtering on a high performance platform through its unified and simple management interface, for state-of-the-art security at a low total cost of ownership.
High PerformanceThe SonicWall TZ Series uses patented Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection® to examine traffic simultaneously across all ports without introducing latency to the network, enabling businesses to realize increased productivity gains.
Secure Mobile AccessAll SonicWall next-generation firewalls deliver secure mobile access from a wide variety of platforms including Windows, Linux and Mac OS, enabling organizations to enforce security and access control rules as part of a multilayered BYOD strategy. For mobile devices running iOS or Android, SonicWall Mobile Connect provides users with simple, policy-enforced access to corporate and academic resources over SSL encrypted connections.
Gateway Anti-Malware, Intrusion Prevention, Application Intelligence and Control
- Gateway Anti-Malware - provides a robust layer of defense against malware before it can reach systems on your network. Delivers high performance protection against millions of unique variants of malware with near zero latency and no file size limitation.
- Intrusion Prevention - tightly integrated, countermeasure-based network intrusion prevention protects against a comprehensive array of network and application layer threats by scrutinizing packet payloads for attacks and exploits that attack critical internal systems.
- Application Intelligence and Control - provides real-time insight and control of network traffic broken down by applications, users and content through intuitive on-board visualization. The ability to prioritize important applications, throttle down unproductive applications and block unwanted application components ensures an efficient and safe network.
Content Filtering ServiceSonicWall Content Filtering Service provides granular controls and unequalled content filtering to enforce acceptable use policies and block access to websites containing information or images that are objectionable or unproductive.
24x7 SupportAvailable 24x7, SonicWall Support Services include telephone, email and Web-based technical support, software and firmware update and upgrades, advance exchange hardware replacement, plus access to electronic support tools and moderated discussion groups.
- Next-Generation Firewall
- Intrusion Prevention System
- Network-based anti-malware protection
- Application visibility, control and bandwidth management
- Decryption and inspection of SSL encrypted traffic
- Secure mobile access for a wide variety of platforms
- Integrated wireless controller
- Powerful real-time reporting
- Stateful high availability failover
- Support for IPFIX/NetFlow data exporting
- Intuitive graphical user interface
- Easy-to-configure site-to-site VPN
- ‘N-1’ WAN failover
Upgrades & Subscriptions
Comprehensive Anti-Spam ServiceWith 94% of email classified as junk, sorting good email from bad can be an administrative nightmare. By adding SonicWall™ Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service (CASS) to a SonicWall firewall, your business can remove junk email at the gateway and quickly ensure the delivery of only good email to your email server. With one-click activation, businesses with up to 250 users can easily stop spam before it enters the network.
Analyzer Reporting SoftwareSonicWall™ Analyzer is an easy-to-use application traffic flow analytics and reporting tool that provides real-time and historical insight into the performance and security of the network.
Global Management System (GMS)The SonicWall Global Management System (GMS) is a powerful and intuitive solution to centrally manage and rapidly deploy hundreds of SonicWall firewall, anti-spam, and secure remote access solutions. Flexibly deployed as software, hardware, or a virtual appliance, SonicWall GMS offers centralized real-time monitoring, and comprehensive policy and compliance reporting.
Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-SpywareThe SonicWall Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware service provides a critical layer of protection by automatically ensuring network users are actively running the most current McAfee anti-virus software.