- Learn More
Product Information for Netgear EDA4000-100WWS 24-bay Expansion Chassis for ReadyDATA 5200
Highlights for Netgear EDA4000-100WWS 24-bay Expansion Chassis for ReadyDATA 5200
Enterprise-class Unified Storage at a Small Business Price
Every ReadyDATA 5200 ships with a full suite of advanced features such as block-level replication, deduplication, and thin provisioning. Add expansion to at many as 180TB and the dramatic perforce boost that comes from supporting a mix of SSD, SAS and SATA drives within a volume, and ReadyDATA redefines the concept of storage for small and medium businesses, remote offices/branch offices (ROBO), and departments within enterprise organizations.
Never before have so many features come standard on an enterprise-class storage device, especially one with a price tag that is comfortable for even the smallest of IT organizations. The ReadyDATA 5200 is easy-to-use unified storage from NETGEAR designed to address serious data management issues with a single system.
Common challenges the ReadyDATA 5200 is built to address include:
- Efficiently managing rampant data growth with technology like deduplication and compression
- Designing simple and cost-effective disaster recovery plans with free block-level replication
- Easily transitioning to virtualized infrastructures with 10GbE and virtual networking
- In addition to being simple for IT professionals to use, the all-inclusive feature set and simplified packaging of disk components make ReadyDATA an easy solution to sell for PowerShift partners.
The ReadyDATA family of unified storage was built with the needs of a growing business in mind. ReadyDATA 5200 is 2U, 12-bay storage that supports 1TB, 2TB and 3TB drives for a total of 36TB capacity.
Each ReadyDATA 5200 can support up to two expansion chassis (the 4U, 24-bay ReadyDATA EDA4000), for a fully populated capacity of up to 180TB. Also, new drives can be easily added while the system is running for seamless expansion on-the-fly.
For meeting the differing needs of specific applications, ReadyDATA 5200 users can mix-and match SATA, near-line SAS, SAS, and SSD drives within volumes to provide a stunning boost to performance and flexible capacity.
Dual 10GbE ports and virtual network interface support ensure that even in I/O intensive virtual environments, network bottlenecks are a thing of the past. ReadyDATA 5200 also supports industry-standard file sharing protocols including iSCSI, CIFS, and NFS.
Advanced Data Management
With data volume growing faster than ever before, the need to find more efficient ways to store and manage data is crucial. Unlike enterprise-class storage from traditional vendors, a full set of advanced data management technologies come standard with every ReadyDATA 5200.
A few of these advanced features include:
- Thin provisioning, compression and de-duplication of both block (SAN) and file data (NAS)
- Continuous data protection with unlimited snapshots
- Block level replication over WAN managed from the cloud for disaster recovery
- 24-bay, 4U expansion chassis for the ReadyDATA 5200
- Supports SATA, SAS and SSD drives
- Supports 1TB, 2TB and 3TB for up to 72TB of capacity
- Each ReadyDATA 5200 can support up to two EDA4000
- Form factor: 4U rack-mount with 24 hot-swappable SATA/SAS drive bays
- Dimension: (h x w x d) – 178 x 437 x 660 (mm) 7 x 17.2 x 26 (in)
- Weight: 53.2 kg (117.3 lb) with 24 disks
- Software: NETGEAR ReadyDATA OS 1.0
- Drive Support:
- For high-capacity requirements – SATA, NL-SAS
- For high-performance requirements – SAS and SSD
- Multiple volume support for RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10
- Instant Provisioning / Instant expansion
- Hot swappable disks
- Hot spare disk support
- SSD performance boost
- PSU: 2 x 700W server-rated AC power supply
- Input: 100 – 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 320W typical with 24 x 1TB disks
- 5* 80 mm dual ball-bearing chassis cooling fans
- Fan failure alert
- High temperature email alert with auto-shutdown option
- Operating Environment:
- 0° - 40° C
- 20% – 80% humidity (non-condensing)
- FCC, CCC, CE, C-Tick, KCC, VCCI, RoHS compliance
- NETGEAR 5-year Warranty
- Next business day onsite hardware replacement support, 3 years (included)
- Basic technical support provided for 90 days from date of purchase.
- See http://onsite.netgear.com for coverage, availability and terms and conditions.