- Learn More
Product Information for D-link Xtreme N DWA-552 Desktop Adapter
Highlights for D-link Xtreme N DWA-552 Desktop Adapter
- Host Interface:32-bit PCI
- Wireless Transmission Speed:54Mbps
- Wireless Technology:IEEE 802.11b/g
The Xtreme N DWA-552 Desktop Adapter is IEEE 802.11n (draft) client device that delivers unrivaled wireless performance for your desktop computer. It delivers 14x faster speeds and 6x faster range than IEEE 802.11g while staying backward compatible with IEEE 802.11g and IEEE 802.11b networks. Once connected you can share high-speed internet connection, photos, files, music, videos, printers and storage.
Media & Performance
Management & Protocols
Processor & Chipset
Certifications & Standards
Learn More About D-link Xtreme N DWA-552 Desktop Adapter
DescriptionThis Xtreme N® Adapter has three powerful antennas, which give your desktop PC a superior Wi-Fi connection that is fast and far-reaching.
The D-Link Xtreme N™ Desktop Adapter (DWA-552) is a 802.11n wireless client that delivers unrivaled wireless performance for your desktop computer. This wireless adapter delivers up to 14x faster speeds1 and 6x farther range1 than 802.11g while staying backward compatible with 802.11g networks. Once connected, you can share a high-speed Internet connection, photos, files, music, videos, printers, and storage.
GET CONNECTED, STAY CONNECTED
The Xtreme N Desktop Adapter is powered by Xtreme N technology and boasts three external antennas to provide superior wireless reception in your home or office. This adapter is designed for use in larger homes and offices, or for users running multiple bandwidth-intensive applications. This adapter enables you to simultaneously make or receive Internet phone calls (VoIP), surf the Web, transfer files, and stream High-Definition (HD) media when connected to an Xtreme N Gigabit Router (DIR-655 or DIR-660)1 . The DWA-552 supports WPA™ and WPA2™ encryption that allow you to connect securely to a wireless network.
EASY TO SETUP, EASY TO USE
D-Link's Quick Adapter Setup Wizard guides you step-by-step through the installation process. Configure this desktop adapter without having to call a networking expert to help you.
With unmatched wireless performance, reception, and security, the D-Link Xtreme N Desktop Adapter (DWA-552) is the best choice for easily adding or upgrading wireless connectivity to your desktop computer.
WHAT THIS PRODUCT DOES
Connects your desktop computer to a wireless network and access a high-speed Internet connection, transfer files, and stream media from greater distances around your entire home or office.
XTREME N™ ADAPTER BENEFITS
- Delivers up to 14x faster speeds and 6x farther range than 802.11g1 .
- Xtreme N technology enables HD video sreaming, file sharing, enhanced Internet phone calling (VoIP), and surfing the Web.
- Access a secure wireless network using advanced WPA™ or WPA2™ encryption.
- Easy to install and use with D-Link's new Quick Adapter Setup Wizard.
- Backward compatible with existing 802.11g networks.
Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, buildings materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link 802.11n devices.
- Speeds Up to 14x Faster than Wireless G1
- Wirelessly Stream HD Video, Share Files, and Go Online
- Enable Superior Reception from Farther Distances
- Backward Compatible with 802.11g Networks
|Wireless Frequency Range||
|Recommended System Requirements||
|Minimum System Requirements||
- 1 When used with the DIR-655 Xtreme N Router.
- 2 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the U.S.A and Canada.
- 3 Computer must adhere to Microsoft’s recommended System Requirements.
- 4 Latest software and documentation are available at