Highlights for Ricoh BB-HPL10A-R High Definition Power Line Communications Ethernet Adaptor
Take advantage of high-speed Ethernet network communications by leveraging the electrical system in your office building or home office to send data. The RICOH BB-HPL10A-R High Definition Power Line Communications Ethernet Adaptor (HD-PLC) is an easy and affordable way to build a secure local area network without investing in cables or wireless hardware. Share data, print files, send e-mails, and access the Internet simply by plugging into the nearest power outlet!
- Connect any printer, modem, router, computer or scanner to an Adaptor, and plug it into any power outlet in the building
- Share information and peripheral devices among all users, and access the network from anywhere inside the electrical system
- Move devices without reconfiguration switch printer and PC locations in a flash, change conference rooms instantly, or quickly turn any room with an outlet into a workspace
- Every AC power outlet is a potential network access point no need for cabling between conference rooms, classrooms or home offices.
- Expand the system whenever needed with up to 16 total terminals (1 must be designated as the Master Adaptor).
- Connect up to eight (8) devices to each Terminal Adaptor
- Reduce technology expenses for installing and maintaining a hard-wired Ethernet network
- Eliminate costs to install network access points and equip every PC or laptop with wireless cards
- No PC required
- Stable, error-free communications at data transmission speeds up to 190 Mbps
- AES 128-bit data encryption for secure data transfers
- "Closed" network for added security. Only devices connected through registered Terminal Adaptors may communicate with the Master Adaptor.
HDPLC Ethernet Adaptor
- Standard: HD-PLC
- Transmission Speed: UDP: Max. 70 Mbps
- TCP when using Linux FTP: Max. 42 Mbps
- Maximum Number of Adaptors per Network: 16 (including the Master)
- Maximum Number of Devices per Adaptor : 8
- Standard : IEEE 802.3/IEEE 802.3u
- Interface : 10Base-T/100Base-TX, Auto MDI/MDI-X
- Protocol : IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP
- Access Method : CSMA/CD
- Indicators :
- PLC (blue, red)
- LAN (green, orange)
- MASTER (green)
- Mode Selector (MASTER or TERMINAL switch)
- SETUP button FACTORY DEFAULT RESET button
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 4 3/4" x 1 9/16" x 2 3/4"
- Operational Environment :
- 32 104°F;
- 20 85% Humidity
- Weight : 0.53 lb.
- Power Supply : Input 120 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption : 4W
- Frequency Band: 4 28 MHz
- Modulation : Wavelet OFDM (16 PAM 2 PAM)
- Transmission PHY Rate : Max. 190 Mbps
- Access Method : CSMA/CA, TDMA
- Access Method : Reed-Solomon encoder/decoder
- Convolutional encoder/ Viterbi decoder:
- Encryption : AES 128-bit encryption
- Max. Communication Distance : Approx. 490 ft. (150m)
- Ships with one Master Adaptor, one Terminal Adaptor, plus two Power Cords.
- Additional Adaptors can be purchased separately. This accessory will work with all current Ricoh printers.
Results may vary depending on electrical conditions, network environment and other factors.Performance may be affected as more adaptors are added to the network.Connecting more network devices to an adaptor may increase network traffic and affect performance.
Ricoh BB-HPL10A-R High Definition Power Line Communications Ethernet Adaptor