|Home > Home Audio > Multiroom Digital Music Systems >
Russound MCA-C5 kit
Mfg Part No.
Highlights for Russound MCA-C5 kit
The MCA-C5 Multizone Controller Amplifier provides eight zones of distributed stereo audio from any of eight sources. The source loop outputs and the addition of up to five additional controllers allow for scalability to 48 zones. A variety of input options have been engineered into the MCA-C5 controller. A built-in internal AM/FM tuner with RDS (Radio Data System) support is optional as source one. An RNET® link using CAT-5e allows for metadata transmission and control of Russound RNET Smart Source components, including the SMS3 Smart Media Server, iBridge® Dock and Bay, and ST2 Tuners with AM/FM and/or satellite radio.
The MCA-C5 features digital amplifiers providing 40 watts of power per channel to zones one through six. All zones are equipped with fixed or variable line-level outputs for outboard amplification or subzone use. The MCA-C5 has a front USB port for programming ease and a rear RS-232 port for integration with home automation systems.
Custom audio settings, Party Mode, Do Not Disturb, source and zone linking, and All On/Off participation are standard features. Incorporated in the MCA-C5 is a system clock with an alarms and sleep timers, Home Theater trigger, routed and common IR outputs, and eight 12VDC trigger outputs. Source eight can serve as a paging input and loop output for connection to a third party paging or phone system.
With MDK-C5 Multiline Display Keypad or Russound UNO-TS2 touchscreens, the MCA-C5 communicates from its built-in tuner and other Russound Smart sources vital information such as preset name, AM/FM station frequency, satellite radio station ID, artist, and song title.
- Dimensions: 17"W x 3.5"H x 17.2"D (43.2 x 9 x 43.6 cm)
- Weight: 28.8 lbs. (13.1 kg)
- Power Supply: 110 or 240 VAC
- Fuse Rating:
- 100-120V/T5.0A 250V US and Canada
- 220-240V/T3.15A 250V Europe
- Power Consumption: 600 watts maximum
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 1 dB at 1W output into 8 ohms
- Watts/Channel: 40W, 1kHz into 8 ohms with <5% THD+N, 2 channels at full power, 10 channels at 1/8th
- Total Harmonic Distortion:<0.05%, 1W output into 8 ohms 20Hz-20kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 93 dB unweighted, 96 dB A-weighted
- Audio Source Inputs: 8 (including internal tuner and page input)
- Audio Zone Outputs: 6 Speaker Level (Zones 1-6) ;(8 Line Level fixed or variable)
- Trigger Outputs: (8) 12VDC 100mA, 1 common
- Trigger Inputs: (1) Home Theater 12VDC max
- Speaker Connection: (6) detachable, (4) pole connectors
- Keypad Ports: (8) RJ-45 T568A standard
- IR Ports: (6) routed, (1) common
- Communication ports:
- Front- 1 USB 2.0/1.1
- Rear- 1 Serial RS232, 19.2 kHz baud rate
- (1) Ethernet RJ-45, 10/100 Base T
- (2) RJ-45 RNET links In/Out
- Frequency Range:
- AM 530 - 1710 kHz
- FM 87.7 - 107.9 MHz
- Antenna impedance AM:300 Ohm balanced
- Impedance FM:75 Ohm unbalanced
- AM: @20 dB S/N 55 dBu
- FM: @30 dB S/N 6 dB max 12 dBu
- Image Rejection:
- S/N ratio:
Russound MCA-C5 kit