Highlights for Garmin Edge 205 Motorcycle Navigator
Take your ride to the next level with the Edge 205, Garmin's GPS-enabled personal trainer and cycle computer. Whether you're a competitive racer or weekend cyclist, Edge will help you achieve your personal best.
Get the Data You Need
Rugged, lightweight Edge 205 attaches easily to the stem or handlebars of your bike with the included bike mount. Just turn it on, acquire GPS satellites and go. Edge automatically measures your speed, distance, time, calories burned and altitude, and records this data for your review. For even more detailed data, get the Edge 305, which can track your heart rate, cadence, climb and descent.
Other Edge features
Easy to install; no calibration required. Just snap it into the bike mount and go.
High-sensitivity GPS receiver tracks your position even in tree cover and canyons, making it extremely reliable for distance and speed information.
Virtual Partner® lets you race a virtual competitor over a specified distance and speed.
Courses let you race against a previously recorded workout, so you can compare your current and past performances over the same ride.
Auto Pause® pauses the timer when you slow down or stop and resumes when you speed up again, so you can focus on your ride.
Auto Lap® automatically starts a new lap each time you pass a specified location or travel a preset distance.
Track Your Progress
As an added benefit, you can plan, analyze and store data from your workouts using free Garmin Training Center® software, which lets you analyze data with interactive graphs that chart your speed, time and elevation. Overlay your ride on a map so you can pinpoint specific areas and see how elevation and other factors affect your performance. Or, upload your workout data to MotionBased.com, Garmin's web-based application that provides in-depth analysis of your workouts, online mapping and route sharing that will take your training to the next level. Endurance athletes can also use the Edge with TrainingPeaks.com, an easy-to-use web-based training system designed to help athletes train for any event.
Physical & Performance
Maps & Memory
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 1.75" x 3.7" x 0.9" (4.4 x 9.4 x 2.3 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 1.17" x 1.44" (3.0 x 3.7 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 128 x 160 pixels
- Weight: 3.1 oz (88 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: 12 hours, typical
- Water resistant: yes (IPX7)
- GPS-enabled: yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- RoHS version available: yes
- Basemap: no
- Ability to add maps: no
- Accepts data cards: no
- Lap history: 1000 laps
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 100
- Routes: 50
- Heart rate monitor: no
- Bike speed/cadence sensor: no
- Foot pod: no
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): no
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes (coming in May 2008)
- Garmin Training Center® software compatible: yes
- Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person): yes
- Courses (compete against previous workouts): yes
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): yes
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap): yes
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): no
- Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button): no
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): yes
- Simple workouts (input time, distance and calorie goals): yes
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): yes
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal): yes
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals): yes
- Customizable screen(s): yes
- Barometric altimeter: no
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): no
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+Sport™-enabled power meters): no
- Sport Watch: no
Garmin Edge 205 Motorcycle Navigator
Limit 1 per customer. No dealer sales.