TOP SELLING MODEMS
Product Information for Zoom 7.2 Mbps 3G+ Unlocked USB Modem for AT&T and other GSM Services
Highlights for Zoom 7.2 Mbps 3G+ Unlocked USB Modem for AT&T and other GSM Services
The Model 4598 is an unlocked 3G+ mobile broadband modem that works with AT&T in the US and most service providers around the world. The 4598 supports data rates of up to 7.2 Mbps on downloads and 5.76 Mbps for uploads using a wide range of cellular data communications standards including: HSDPA, HSUPA, UMTS, EDGE.
The modem is activated by plugging in the SIM card from a service provider. Unlike other modems, the Model 4598 is not locked to a specific service provider and can use a data SIM from many GSM service providers or a voice/data service SIM from a smartphone. A change to the service provider is accomplished by simply sliding out one provider's SIM and replacing it with another provider's SIM.
GSM frequencies can vary from country to country. The Model 4598 uses any of three high-speed frequencies, which provides broad compatibility with high-speed GSM-based mobile data services in countries around the world.
The 4598 supports voice calls using a PC with a microphone and speakers or headphones. This allows the use of the SIM from a smartphone to by used by the modem while retaining voice communications.
A micro-SD slot on the modem accepts a memory card for up to 8 GB (Gigabytes) of memory. A simple slide-in of a micro-SD memory card allows the modem to double as a portable storage device to maximize the flexibility of available USB ports.
- Unlocked 7.2 Mbps mobile broadband USB modem
- Tri-band capability works with AT&T and most other HSPA (GSM) services worldwide
- Plug-in SIM makes it easy to change service providers
- Supports voice calls using a PC and a microphone with speakers or headphones
- Micro-SD slots lets modem double as a USB drive
Supported Technologies and Speeds:
- HSDPA with up to 7.2M bps download
- HSUPA with up to 5.76M bps upload
- UMTS with up to 384K bps download and upload
- EDGE with up to 237K bps download and 118K bps upload
- GPRS with up to 85.6K bps download and 42.8K bps upload
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHZ
- HSDPA/HSUPA/UMTS: 850/1900/2100 MHZ
Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Mac 10.4.9 or higher
- Computer or Router Interface: USB 2.0
- SIM/USIM Interface: Standard 6 PIN SIM card interface, compliant with 3GPP 31.101 and 3GPP 31.102
- AT Interface: 3GPP TS 27.005/3GPP TS 27.007
- 7.2 Mbps 3G+ Unlocked USB Modem for AT&T and other GSM Services
- Quick Start Documentation
- USB Plug Cap
Certifications & Standards
- EN62311 SAR
- FCC 47CFR Part 2, 22(H), 24(E), 15B, 15C
Country of OriginChina
Green Compliance Certificate/AuthorityRoHS