- Item No.
- Mfg Part No.
Product Information for ACR Electronics Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB)
Highlights for ACR Electronics Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB)
- Product Type:Marine Tracking Device
The ACR SATELLITE series has quietly built a strong reputation in the commercial and recreational marine industry. This redesigned workhorse utilizes a patented, proprietary electronics package for faster, more stable 406 MHz transmissions to low-earth orbiting LEOSAR satellites.
Learn How A Rescue Works
Upgrade to GPS positioning with the optional GPS interface cable (sold separately). This connects the SATELLITE 3 406™ to your vessel's GPS receiver to continuously update and store precise position data. GPS positioning provides SAR notification typically within 2-15 minutes. The automatic Category I Sea Shelter3™ bracket is fully enclosed and is made of high density, UV-stabilized polyethylene for years of extreme abuse, while the manual Category II QuickDraw™ has a low profile and is easy to rail mount or secure on deck.
- Features: Shock Resistant
- Limited Warranty: 5 Year
- Battery Life: 72 Hour
- Battery Chemistry: Lithium
- Battery Built-in: Yes
- Battery Included: Yes
- Indicators & Controls: Bright LED Strobe
- Product Type: Marine Tracking Device
- Manufacturer Part Number: 2874
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.acrelectronics.com
- Manufacturer: ACR Electronics, Inc
- Product Model: RLB-38
- Product Name: Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB)
- Brand Name: ACR Electronics
- Replacement Due Six (6) Years From Date Of Manufacture Or Five (5) Years After Beacon Is Placed Into Service, Whichever Is First, Or After Emergency Use
- Full Functional Self-Test Including Battery Voltage And Internal Circuitry
- Bright Led Strobe Conserves Battery Power Without Sacrificing Intensity
- Single, Three-Position Switch For Easy Test And Operation
- Lanyard Coiled On Recessed Spool For Nontangling Deployment
- Material High Impact Uv Resistant Polymer
- Deployment Category I-Hydrostatic Release (Auto)
- Category Ii-Manual Release
- Activation Out Of Bracket And Wet, Or Manually
- Non-Hazmat Battery
- Marine Tough Design For Years Of Useful Service
- Lead Free
- Waterproof 33 ft (10 m) 10 m in. Exceeds RTCM standard
Certifications & Standards
Network & Communication
- Communication Technology: GPS
- GPS Frequency Bandwidth: 406 MHz
- Weight (Approximate): 1.29 lb
- Height: 7"
- Width: 4.2"
- Depth: 3.6"
- Application/Usage: Personal Protection