- Item No.
- Mfg Part No.
Product Information for ACR Electronics Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB)
Highlights for ACR Electronics Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB)
- Product Type:Marine Tracking Device
The GlobalFix™ PRO broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that not only tells rescuers where you are, but who you are. The internal GPS will automatically turn on and acquire your position upon activation and then utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal to relay your distress call to orbiting satellites. As local Search and Rescue is deployed, a separate homing signal and integrated LED strobe light guide rescuers to your exact location.
Learn How A Rescue Works
The GlobalFix™ PRO is small and rugged and comes with over 53 years of life saving technology built into every one. Performing a full functional self test of the GlobalFix™ PRO internal circuitry, battery voltage & power, and 406 MHz transmission gives you the peace of mind knowing your EPIRB will work the moment you need it the most. ACR Exclusive: Built-in GPS acquisition test mode allows you to test the internal GPS receiver to ensure it's working properly.
- Replacement due six (6) years from date of manufacture or five (5) years after beacon is placed into service, whichever is first, or after emergency use
- Material High impact UV resistant polymer
- Deployment Category I-Hydrostatic release (auto), Category II-Manual release
- Activation Out of bracket and wet, or manually
- Waterproof 33 ft (10 m) @ 10 min. Exceeds RTCM standard
- Output Power 6.3 W +/-2dB (406.037 MHz) 50 mW +/-3dB (121.5 MHz)
- Operational Life 48 hours minimum @ -4F (-20C)
- Typical Performance 65+ hrs. @ -4F (-20C); Longer in higher ambient temperature
- Operating Temp. -4F to +131F (-20C to +55C ) (Class 2)
- Storage Temp. -30F to + 158F (-34C to +70C)
Certifications & Standards
Network & Communication