Highlights for Garmin GDL 40 On-Demand Cellular Marine Weather Receiver
Garmin GDL 40 On-Demand Cellular Marine Weather Receiver 010-00849-10 is first and only cellular marine weather receiver on the market today. The GDL 40 Marine Weather Receiver from Garminimage offers a low-cost solution with on-demand graphical weather and radar data directly to your NMEA 2000 compatible Garmin Chartplotter. This Garmin GPS accessory provides tailored coverage for the United States and provides live weather radar, wind speeds and direction, sea surface temperatures, wave heights, local forecasts, county/marine warnings, lightning, buoy data and more. Since the Garmin GDL40 Weather Receiver communicates with nearby cell towers, you can receive weather data, which is purchased directly from a Garmin Chartplotter on a day-to-day basis, as needed. The expected range from cell towers would be anywhere up to 12 and 15 miles. This Garmin weather receiver also has a waterproof, low-profile antenna design affords easy installation with pole, surface or under-deck mounting options.
Get Reliable, Real-Time Weather
The GDL 40 provides a number of weather features previously only available over satellite networks. Simply plug the system into any compatible Garmin chartplotter display and begin accessing on-demand radar, wind speed/direction, surface temperature, warnings, forecasts and much more. Because the system requires you to be within range of a cellular tower, it's an ideal solution for boaters that remain near shore.
The GDL 40 is NMEA 2000 compatible for easy plug-and-play installation. In addition to conventional pole or flush surface mounting, the GDL 40 can also be attached to the underside of many fiberglass or wooden decks, making it easily concealable. For improved reception, a third-party external antenna can be attached.
Pay As You Go
Because the GDL 40 receives data via cellular networks rather than satellites, it can provide weather information at a fraction of the cost. The system employs an on-demand cost structure, so there are no monthly subscription fees, only a small annual activation fee - the first of which is included in the price of the device.
Once you've activated your GDL 40, you can then purchase day passes from the device for just $4.99. A day pass provides you with 24 hours of continuous weather data.
Pay as you go GSM weather solution
- Simply select the "Buy Weather" option on the chartplotter to begin downloading weather data
- Weather features include: live weather radar, wind speeds/direction, sea surface temperatures, wave heights, local forecasts, county/marine warnings, lightning, buoy data and more
- Weather coverage area: up to 620 x 620 miles (1,000 km x 1,000 km)
- NMEA 2000 connectivity for easy installation
- Multiple mounting options - includes pole mount, surface mount and under deck mount
- Can be connected to aftermarket external GSM antennas
- FREE first year subscription fee included with purchase
- Waterproof - IPX7 standards
What's in the Box:
Garmin GDL 40, USA 010-00849-10
- Pole mount
- Surface mount
- Under deck mount
- NMEA 2000 backbone/drop cable (6m)
- NMEA 2000 Tconnector
Garmin GDL 40 On-Demand Cellular Marine Weather Receiver