- Item No.
- Mfg Part No.
TOP SELLING MARINE RADIOS
Standard Horizon HX870 6W Floating Handheld VHF Radio with Integrated GPS Receiver
$ 249.99 $ 416.65
Midland ER200 Compact Emergency Crank Wx Radio - For Indoor/Outdoor with NOAA All Hazard - AM, FM
Free Shipping | In Stock
Product Information for Icom M72 HANDHELD VHF
Highlights for Icom M72 HANDHELD VHF
Compact Body, Great “Form Factor”
A compact design, hourglass body-shape and comfortable side grips give the IC-M72 an outstanding “form factor” – it’s easy to use with just one hand!
The M72’s impressive audio output (600mW typ.) is loud enough to hear in most any marine environment – even over loud engine noise.
Submersible PLUS (IPX8)
The IC-M72 offers Icom’s best-ever protection against water intrusion. This radio has been tested to survive after being submersed in 1.5m (4.9ft) depth of water for 30 minutes.
Wide Viewing Angle LCD
A wide viewing angle, high intensity LCD is used in the IC-M72, offering bright, easy to read characters. The bright LCD backlighting and backlit keypad is great for night time operation.
30% Shorter Antenna
The IC-M72’s antenna is engineered to perform with typical Icom efficiency even though it is nearly 30% shorter than previous Icom marine antenna.
- Auto scan function to start scanning when receiving no signal
- Auto power save function
- Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in 4 levels
- Instant access to Ch. 16 and Ch. 9 (or call channel)
- Auto WX scan and WX Alert function
- Simple add/delete TAG scanning operation
- Built-in UT-112 compatible voice scrambler (Depending on version)
- AquaQuake draining function emits a vibrating sound and clears water away from the speaker grill
- Frequency range
- Tx: 156.025 - 157.425 MHz
- Rx: 156.050 - 163.275 MHz
- Type of emission 16K0G3E (FM), 16K0G2B (DSC)
- Current drain (at 7.5V DC)
- 6W output 1.7A typical
- 5W output 1.5A typical
- Internal SP 400mA typical (AF Max.)
- External SP 200mA typical (AF Max.)
- Operating temp. range –20°C to +60°C; –4°F to +140°F
- Antenna impedance 50Ω (SMA)
- Dimensions (W×H×D) (projections not included)
- 52.5 × 125 × 30 mm
- 21⁄16×429⁄32×13⁄16 in.
- Weight (approx.) 280g; 9.9oz (with BP-245)
- Output power (Hi/Mid/Low)6/3/1W
- Max. freq. deviation ± 5.0 kHz
- Frequency error ± 10.0ppm
- Spurious emissions –68dBc typical
- Adjacent channel power 70dB
- Hum and noise ratio 40dB
- Audio Harmonic distortion Less than 10% (at 60% mod.)
- Sensitivity (12db SINAD) 0.22µV typical
- Squelch sensitivity 0.35µV typical (at threshold)
- Adjacent channel selectivity 70dB typical
- Spurious response 70dB typical
- Intermodulation rejection 70dB typical
- Hum and noise ratio 40dB
- Audio output power (at 10% distortion with an 8Ω load)
- Internal SP 0.6W typical
- External SP 0.35W typical
- Battery Pack, BP-245
- Battery Charger, BC-166
- AC Adapter, BC-147A/BM-95V*
- Antenna, FA-S64V
- Belt clip, MB-103
- Hand strap