TOP SELLING MARINE GPS NAVIGATION
Product Information for Garmin GPSMAP 4208 8.4" 640 x 480 Color Marine GPS
Highlights for Garmin GPSMAP 4208 8.4" 640 x 480 Color Marine GPS
This preloaded, offshore chartplotter combines the power of networking with brilliant color and slim-line design. The GPSMAP 4208 has preloaded BlueChart g2 maps of the U.S. coast and displays them on an 8.4 VGA display with video-quality resolution. By connecting to the Garmin Marine Network, you can add sonar, radar and weather. For even more enhanced features, you can add the optional Bluechart g2 Vision card.
View Detailed Graphics and Video
The 4208 features highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States, including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas and tide and current information. For other areas, the 4208 has a worldwide basemap with high-quality satellite images in place of more traditional maps. With the SD card slot, you can add additional maps without having to connect to a computer.
The 4208s high-speed processor draws maps quickly, and its simple intuitive interface makes navigating easy. To keep tabs on your engine room or other area of your boat, you can also connect a live video feed with the 4208s video input and output options.
Add Extras with BlueChart g2 Vision
With the optional BlueChart g2 Vision SD card, you can add a whole new dimension of exceptional features to your chartplotter.
- MarinerEye view and FishEye view provide you a 3-dimensional perspective of map information, both above and below the waterline.
- High-resolution satellite images and aerial photographs help you orient yourself in unfamiliar areas.
- Auto guidance technology searches through all relevant charts to create a route you can actually follow one that avoids obstacles, shallow water, buoys and other obstructions.
For a low cost option try BlueChart g2 cards.
Connect to the Garmin Marine Network
The 4208 connects easily to the high-speed Garmin Marine Network, so you can interface with additional MFDs and add remote sensors. Once connected, you can share information between the 4208 and other chartplotters on your boat. You can also add high-powered radar, sonar and XM satellite weather and radio to your system.
- Physical & Performance:
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 11.2" x 7.0" x 4.6" (28.5 x 17.8 x 11.7 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 6.9" x 5.2", 8.4" diagonal (17.5 x 13.2 cm, 21.3 cm diagonal)
- Display resolution, WxH: 640 x 480 pixels
- Display type: VGA display
- Weight: 5.0 lb (2.27 kg)
- Battery: none
- Battery life: none
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- Antenna: external
- NMEA input/output: NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000
- Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded maps: yes (coastal maps)
- Ability to add maps: yes
- Built-in memory: none (cannot load maps to internal memory)
- Accepts data cards: SD card slot (BlueChart g2 Vision cards sold separately)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1,500
- Routes: 20
- Track log: 10,000 points; 20 saved tracks
- Features & Benefits:
- Garmin radar compatible: yes
- Garmin sonar compatible: yes
- Garmin Marine Network compatible: yes
- Touchscreen: no
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships' position): yes
- Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC capable VHF radio): yes
- Audible alarms: yes
- Tide tables: yes
- Hunt/fish calendar: no
- Sun and moon information: yes
- 3-D map view: yes (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- Auto Guidance: yes (with optional BlueChart g2 Vision card)
- XM WX Weather & Radio for U.S. & Canada compatible: yes
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): no
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): no
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): no
- Headphone jack/audio line-out: no
- Audio/video input/output: yes
- Portable: no
- Automotive/motorcycle-friendly: no
- GPSMAP 4208
- Flush mount
- Bail mount
- GPS 17x NMEA 2000
- Power cable
- NMEA 0183 cable
- Video cable assembly
- Marine grommet kit
- Protective front cover
- Owner's manual
- Installation instructions