TOP SELLING LARGE FORMAT PRINTERS & PLOTTERS
Canon imagePROGRAF iPF8400SE Inkjet Large Format Printer - 44" - Color
$ 3382.22 $ 4495.00
Free Shipping | In Stock
Canon imagePROGRAF iPF670 24" Large Format Printer - without Stand
$ 1079.44 $ 1295.00
Free Shipping | In Stock
Product Information for Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Inkjet Large Format Printer
Highlights for Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Inkjet Large Format Printer
- Maximum Print Width:17"
- Form Factor:Desktop
- Maximum Print Resolution:2880 x 1440 dpi
- Maximum Color Print Speed:247.8 Second
With the introduction of the Epson Stylus Pro 3880, the bar has once again been raised and the realm of what's possible expanded. Engineered for the most discriminating professionals, it comes with a variety of technological breakthroughs that will make it the benchmark by which all other 17-inch printers are measured. In fact, there's so much innovation in this feature-rich printer, you might expect a much larger footprint, but the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 is remarkably compact, equal in size to many 13-inch printers.
With the Epson Stylus Pro 3880, uncompromising quality is within reach. Engineered for the discriminating professional, this compact, 17" wide printer includes Epson UltraChrome® K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology, world-renowned for professional printing applications. This, combined with an advanced MicroPiezo AMC™ print head, enables the Pro 3880 to produce gallery-quality color and black-and-white output up to 17" x 22". The printer's industry-acclaimed ink set delivers a phenomenal color gamut with breathtaking blues and violets. All-new AccuPhoto™ HD2 technology provides smoother color transitions and better highlight and shadow detail for prints with a true photographic look. Exceptional print quality and professional media support - the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 makes it all possible.
Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology is a professional, 8-color ink set with advanced magenta pigments that provide more dramatic blues and violets for an impressive color gamut. Its three-level black technology delivers richer blacks, outstanding tonal range and an unprecedented gray balance, all of which ensure outstanding black-and-white prints. Built on Epson's heritage of professional ink technology, this pigment ink set offers instant color stability. Colors stay consistent, whether viewed right out of the printer or decades later. With Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta, you get print quality and longevity that satisfies the most demanding professional.
The Epson Stylus Pro 3880 optimizes your working space. This compact, professional-level printer generates exhibition quality prints, worthy of gallery display, up to 17" x 22" - an innovation made possible by Epson's expertise in microminiaturization and professional printing technology.
AccuPhoto HD2 technology was created from a collaboration between Epson and the Rochester Institute of Technology's Munsell Color Science Laboratory and combines a complex mathematical architecture and advanced screening technology to provide outstanding image quality. AccuPhoto HD2 is specifically engineered to ensure precision placement of each individual ink droplet, resulting in smooth, grain-free images. Choosing from an extraordinary number of possible ink combinations for each color, this technology optimizes ink usage to maximize the color gamut and provide smooth color transitions and gradations. Reduction of the metameric index makes it possible to achieve consistent color under different lighting conditions. And, it ensures truly photographic prints, even in high-speed or lower resolution print modes.
Our advanced MicroPiezo print head with AMC (Advanced Meniscus Control) is at the core of Epson's advanced ink jet technology, enabling the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 to deliver incredible detail. This permanent, high-performance print head creates variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters and places them with remarkable accuracy and precision. This professional print head also incorporates an ink-repelling coating which decreases maintenance and increases reliability.
Part of an advanced workflow, the Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode is your key to intuitive and consistent control, for stunning neutral or toned black-and-white prints. Choose from one of four present menus - neutral, warm, cool or sepia. Or, fine tune your image further with custom slider bars and the color tone wheel that gives you precise control.
The Epson Stylus Pro 3880 was designed without compromise so your visions could be printed without compromise. With its compact size, it represents the next step in professional desktop printing, and is a must have for the serious professional.
- Advanced MicroPiezo AMC print head technology
- 8-channel, drop-on-demand, ink jet print head
- 9-color (C, Lc, M, Lm, Y, Lk, LLk + PK or MK)
- Auto head alignment and cleaning technology
- Auto-sharing Black Ink Mode switching
- Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta
- Professional-level pigment-based ink technology
- Fully automatic switching between Black ink modes
- Black ink conversion times:
- Matte to Photo Black: 3:30 min:sec
- Photo to Matte Black: 2:30 min:sec
- Ink used during conversion:
- Matte to Photo Black: Approx. 4.6 ml
- Photo to Matte Black: Approx. 1.6 ml
- Black ink conversion times:
- Color and Monochrome heads: 180 nozzles x 8
- Smallest droplet size: 3.5 picoliters
- Variable Droplet Technology can produce up to three different droplet sizes per print line
- 2880 x 1440 dpi; 1440 x 720 dpi; 720 x 720 dpi; 720 x 360 dpi; 360 x 360 dpi; 360 x 180 dpi
- 8" x 10" prints from 2:03 to 7:47: Normal is 4:08
- 11" x 14" prints from 3:18 to 12:15: Normal is 6:39
- 16" x 20" prints from 5:32 to 19:40: Normal is 10:59
- Approximately 39 dB(A) according to ISO 7779
- Epson ESC/P2 raster photographic drivers standard
- Optional PANTONE licensed PostScript Language Level 3 compatible RIP by ColorBurst (included only with the Graphic Arts Edition)
- Also supported by most leading, third-party RIPs and workflows
- Tiger 10.4.9 or higher
- Leopard 10.5 or higher (16-bit)
- Snow Leopard 10.6 or higher (16-bit)
- Windows: XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit)
- Includes as standard one Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (1.1 compatible) and one 10/100Base-T Ethernet port
- Voltage: AC 110 –120 V
- Frequency: 50 – 60 Hz
- Current: 0.6 A /110 –120 V
- Operating: Approx. 25 W
- Standby: Less than 5 W
- Power Off: Less than .3 W
- Fully ENERGY STAR compliant
- 27"x 15" x 10" (W x D x H)
- Printer weight: 43.2 lb
- Borderless printing on the following cut-sheet sizes: 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 11" x 14", 16" x 20", 17" x 22"
- Maximum paper width: 17"
- Maximum cut-sheet size: 17" x 22"
- Minimum cut-sheet size: 4" x 6"
- Left and right margins: 0 or 3 mm each (0.24" total)
- Top and bottom margins: 0 or 3 mm or 15 mm each
- Maximum printable width: 17.16" (full bleed, 17" width)
- Main top-loading feeder
- Up to 17" x 22"
- Up to 120 sheets plain; 50 photo
- Second top-loading feeder
- Up to 17" x 22"
- Single sheet manual feeder,optimized for fine art paper
- Front manual feeder
- Up to 16" x 20"
- Straight-through, single sheet manual feeder up to 1.5 mm
- Weight: 12 lb bond, up to 1.5 mm cardboard
- Epson UltraChrome K3 Ink
- Color: Up to 108 years
- Black-and-White: Over 200 years
- Operating: 50° to 95°F (10° to 35°C)
- Storage: -4° to 104°F (-20° to 40°C)
- Relative humidity: 20 to 85%
- Operating: 40 to 50%
- Recommended storage: 5 to 85% (no condensation)
- Safety standards: UL1950, CSA 22.2 950 FDA
- EMI: FCC Part 15 subpart B class B, CSA C108.8 class B AS/NZS 3548 class B