- Learn More
Product Information for Asus B400A Intel Core-I5 1.7GHz 14.1" LED 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 500GB HDD W7P x64
Highlights for Asus B400A Intel Core-I5 1.7GHz 14.1" LED 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 500GB HDD W7P x64
- System Type: Ultrabook
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Edition
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years warranty
Processor / Chipset
- CPU: Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen) 3317U / 1.7 GHz
- Max Turbo Speed: 2.6 GHz
- Number of Cores: Dual-Core
- 64-bit Computing: Yes
- Power Efficiency: Ultra Low Voltage (ULV)
- Chipset: Mobile Intel HM77 Express
- Features: Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- RAM: 4 GB ( provided memory is soldered )
- Max RAM Supported: 8 GB
- Technology: DDR3 SDRAM
- Speed: 1600 MHz
- Form Factor: SO DIMM 204-pin
- Slots Qty: 1
- Empty Slots: 1
- Hard Drive: 500 GB Hybrid Drive ( 24 GB flash ) / 5400 rpm
- Type: 14.1"
- LCD Backlight Technology: LED backlight
- Resolution: 1366 x 768 ( HD )
- Widescreen: Yes
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Features: Anti-glare, 45% NTSC color gamut, 30 Days Bright Dot Return
Audio & Video
- Graphics Processor: Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Camera: Integrated webcam
- Resolution: 0.3 Megapixel
- Sound: Speaker , microphone
- Audio Features: ASUS SonicMaster
- Type: Keyboard, touchpad
- Features: Waterproof
- Wireless: 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Network Interface: Gigabit Ethernet
- Features: Intel Wireless Display (WiDi)
- Technology: 4-cell
- Capacity: 50 Wh
- Run Time: Up to 7 hours
- Input: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Output: 65 Watt , 19 V , 3.42 A
Connections & Expansion
- Headphone/microphone combo jack
- 3 x USB 3.0
- Memory Card Reader: 2 in 1 ( SD Card, MultiMediaCard )
- Software Included: Adobe Reader, ASUS@Vibe, ASUS AI Recovery, ASUS WinFlash, LoJack for Laptops, ASUS Face Logon System, ASUS Wireless Console 3, ASUS Power4 Gear Hybrid, Microsoft Office 2010 Starter, ASUS Secure Delete, ASUS Scene Switch, ASUSDVD 9, ASUS WebStorage, ASUS USB Charger+, ASUS Instant On, Windows Live4 package & Toolbar, eManual, McAfee Internet Security 2012, Trend Micro Titanium 2012
- Microsoft Office Preloaded: Includes a pre-loaded image of select Microsoft Office 2010 suites. Purchase an Office 2010 Product Key Card or disc to activate preloaded software on this PC.
- Color: Black
- Security: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Security Chip , fingerprint reader
- Features: System password, hard drive password, InstantOn, Intel Anti-Theft Technology (iAT), ASUS ShockShield, ASUS Super Hybrid Engine II
- Width: 13.3 in
- Depth: 9.2 in
- Height: 0.8 in
- ENERGY STAR Qualified: Yes
Service & Support:
- Limited warranty - 3 years
- Accidental damage coverage - 1 year
Learn More About Asus B400A Intel Core-I5 1.7GHz 14.1" LED 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 500GB HDD W7P x64
ASUS and You
The B400A packs durability, processing power, and enhanced security features into a thin and light UltrabookTM form factor to meet mobile workforces’ demanding business needs. Stringent quality testing and a comprehensive three- year International warranty and the additional coverage option of one-year Accidental Damage Protection (ADP Program is not a warranty, registration is required) ensure users receive peace of mind their investment is protected.
Work Flexibly from AnywhereMeasuring 0.8 inches thin and weighing a mere 3.6 lbs, the B400A makes working anywhere anytime easy. Despite its thin profile, the B400A is equipped with rich, comprehensive ports such as USB 3.0, VGA, HDMI, audio port, 2-in-1 card reader, and Kensingston Lock to make it even more convenient to work from anywhere. An HD anti-glare wide-view display reduces eye strain and allows for easy sharing of images. Users can get up and running in no time with the Ultrabook’s ASUS Super Hybrid Engine II. The technology allows the Ultrabook to resume in just two seconds, regardless of how long it remains in standby, avoiding lengthy boot ups with standby time of up to two weeks2. Data is automatically backed up if the battery level falls below 5%, giving users peace of mind important data is protected. In addition, the dedicated Battery Savings Mode elongates battery life by as much as 25% so users can maximize their productivity, and with ASUS PowerWiz, users are always in the know when it comes to how much charge is left per application.
- EPA Energy Star Compliant - YES
- EPEAT Compliant - YES
- EPEAT Level EPEAT Gold
Built to LastThe B400A is designed to stand up to the challenges of work environments. The notebook has been subjected to stringent quality tests which include drop tests, hinge test cycles, and panel pressure testing to ensure minimal downtime and longer product lifecycles. In addition, the notebook has been tested and proven to exceed US Mil-STD 810G military standard. A sturdy carbon chassis enables the Ultrabook to withstand 20% higher panel pressure resistance and a spill and wear-resistant keyboard further protects against every day wear and tear. ASUS ShockShield features motion sensors and shock absorbing cushions that minimize the risk of damage to the hard drive during transport ensuring data stays safe and secure.
Intel® Small Business Advantage (Intel® SBA)The B400A features Intel® Small Business Advantage, a new computing platform that consists of hardware, software, and firmware to provide unique security and productivity capabilities, simplifying a business’ IT. It especially benefits small businesses without a managed PC environment and allows them to focus on the business rather than worrying about PC downtime which can negatively affect business productivity. Intel® SBA includes six applications to help organize security and productivity: Software Monitor, Data Backup and Restore, USB Blocker, PC Health Center, Energy Saver, and Wireless Display.
Advanced SecurityThe notebook’s plentiful security features help eliminate worries professionals may have about confidential data falling into the wrong hands. In the event of theft, the notebook’s Intel Anti-Theft Technology will disable access to the operating system. With the help of local law enforcement agencies, Computrace® LoJack® for Laptops allows a company to keep track of and manage its laptops to help locate and recover stolen notebooks quickly (subscription required). A built-in fingerprint reader, self-encrypting drive support, and embedded Trusted Platform Module hardware integrated on the board restrict access to confidential data to only authorized users.
Cloud StorageASUS B400 comes with complimentary 32GB of WebStorage cloud space for three years (valued at $49.99). With ASUS cloud storage, crucial business data is available anywhere anytime and on any devices. Travel worry-free anywhere your business takes you and rest assured that your data is securely saved on your B400 notebook or on ASUS’s cloud storage.
The BEST Business Warranty in the Industry
Not only is the B400A built to last, but it comes with complimentary comprehensive coverage to offer professionals peace of mind that their investment is protected. The B400A features an Industry BEST three- year International warranty and the additional coverage option of one-year Accidental Damage Protection which protects the notebook against drops, spills, fire, and electrical surges.
- Three-year International warranty
- One-year Accidental Damage Protection
- 30-Day Zero Bright Dot Guarantee: ASUS stands by their notebook LCD panels, offering a one month servicing / replacement of the panel from time of purchase should the panel have any bright-dot.
- Two way free standard shipping
- 24/7 US-based tech support
- Three- year battery warranty
Reliability Testing Standard
What’s in the Box
- ASUS B400A Notebook
- AC Adapter
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
ASUS- Top 3 Global Consumer Notebook BrandAs the world’s top three consumer notebook brand and maker of the world’s best-selling motherboards, ASUS prides itself by making products that always “START with PEOPLE.” With a persistent approach to innovation, ASUS goes beyond satisfying current consumer needs to surpass expectations and spark the imaginations of people everywhere. ASUS designs and manufactures a diverse range of products as part of our relentless search for incredible, including motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, networking devices, servers, smartphones and tablets. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 4,168 awards in 2012 and recently received the recognition for the 2013 PC Magazine Reader’s Choice Award.
|Operating System||Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)|
|Display||14.1" HD (1366*768) LED, Matte|
Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Processor (1.7 GHz)
|Graphics||Intel® GMA HD|
|Wireless||802.11 a/g/n; Bluetooth 4.0|
|Storage||500GB (5400 RPM ) HDD + 32GB ASUS WebStorage1|
|Card Reader||SD & MMC|
|Battery||Up to 7 hours2|
|Dimensions||13.3" x 9.2" x 0.8" (W x D x H)|
© 2013 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications and terms are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers on selected models. Products may not be available in all markets. Product may not be exactly as shown in photos. Actual colors may differ from their appearance due to variation of monitor restrictions and color processing. All trademarks are registered to their respective companies. ASUS shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- 1 Complimentary 32GB ASUS WebStorage space for 3 year.
- 2 Subject to product model, normal usage conditions and configuration.