Product Information for Sony VAIO SVZ1311EGXX 13.1" LED Notebook Intel Core i7 i7-3612QM 2.1GHz 8GB DDR3 SDRAM 512GB SSD
Highlights for Sony VAIO SVZ1311EGXX 13.1" LED Notebook Intel Core i7 i7-3612QM 2.1GHz 8GB DDR3 SDRAM 512GB SSD
The highly mobile and extremely powerful VAIO Z Series laptop is well-suited for the business executive on the go. It sports a 3rd generation Intel Core i7 Quad Core processor, 8GB of RAM, and Full HD screen. Combined with the Power Media Dock you can multiply your productivity by hooking up three additional displays, getting expanded connectivity and boosting your power with 1GB of dedicated AMD graphics.
Feather light. Fully loaded.
The bold VAIO Z Series laptop features a full-flat design that abandons traditional bulky batteries and unnecessary seams. The Z Series is constructed from a blend of high-end materials including carbon fiber, aluminum, and magnesium alloy that are often used in the manufacturing of race cars. Combined they provide a lightweight, durable, and stylish design.
Amazing Full HD 1080p display
Developed by the same people you trust to engineer amazing flat-panel HDTV, this VAIO PC features exceptional picture quality. Measuring 13.1'' and sporting a cinema-inspired 16:9 aspect ratio, the 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution widescreen display lets you view your games and movies in impeccable detail with amazing color and contrast from virtually any angle with a coverage rate of 96 percent for Adobe RBG. The LED backlight helps ensure a bright display with lower power consumption for improved battery life.
Quadruple your workspace
Leveraging the latest I/O architecture, the Power Media Dock drive is a performance factory delivering the horsepower your day demands through one unique and familiar port. Featuring a powerful AMD Radeon HD 6650M graphics card with 1GB VRAM, you’ll experience premium visual quality and intense HD performance without placing huge demands on the CPU. The Power Media Dock drive includes a slot loading Blu-ray Disc player, a USB 3.0 port, HDMI-out and more. Paired together, the VAIO Z Series transforms into the ultimate workstation supporting up to 3 additional Full HD displays.
On the cutting edge of SSD technology
Dual channel SSD with RAID technology gets you superior performance and ample storage. RAID technology coordinates between the two solid state drives to keep them operating simultaneously at optimal speed. The result is quicker boot-ups, faster application launches and overall enhanced performance. And of course, since SSD technology includes no moving parts, you get a more durable storage solution less prone to physical damage.
Sony seriously addresses your security needs with the biometric fingerprint sensor and TPM (Trusted Platform Module). Simply by swiping a finger over the sensor, users can access the BIOS, hard disk drive, Windows logons, and websites without entering passwords. TPM provides secure information management and enhanced business protection. TPM is built into a computer to store cryptographic information, such as encryption keys. Because TPM uses its own internal firmware and logic circuits for processing instructions, it does not rely upon the operating system and is not exposed to external software vulnerabilities. As a result, information stored on TPM is more secure from external software attacks and physical theft.
With Sony’s own Rapid Wake technology, you never have to shut down your computer again. Whether you are done working for the day or just heading out to get some coffee, simply close the lid to put your PC into sleep mode. Then, when you’re ready to start again, resume in 2 seconds with your data safe and secure. If you are unplugged, don’t worry about draining your battery. Your PC can stay in sleep mode for days.
Noise cancelling headphones
The VAIO Z Series laptop features active ambient noise cancelling technology that perfectly complements the headphones supplied with all Z laptops. Specifically, the PC employs a negative phase signal to help cancel out ambient noise detected through the headphones so that whether you’re on a plane or in a local café, you’ll enjoy crisper, richer audio.
The handiest port around
Forgot to charge your phone or mp3 player? Just plug your device via USB cord into the USB sleep charge port and start charging. Even if the PC is shut down and not plugged in you can still use it. And don’t forget that the USB 3.0 port is perfect for connecting a compatible external hard drive and allowing you to wait less and transfer data up to 10x faster than USB 2.0.
Practical innovation is a cornerstone of Sony’s vision, and our keyboards are no exception. The keyboard features precisely engineered keys to create a comfortable and intuitive typing experience. When typing in dim light, an LED backlight creates a pleasant glow, framing the individual keys and illuminating the lettering to make it even easier to find the right keys .
Not just for video chatting
A built-in HD web camera offers superb video conferencing quality. Powered by an Exmor sensor, this HD web camera offers amazing low-light performance and includes face tracking technology that allows the camera to automatically adjust and keep you in focus as you move about. And with certain programs, you make hand gestures in front of your camera to skip songs, turn pages, or turn the volume up.
Service and Support
There's nothing standard about the standard Sony limited warranty on VAIO computers. To give you the ultimate in speedy and convenient service, we come to you to repair PC issues whenever possible. Not many other PC manufacturers can match our expertise or comprehensive level of in-home support4. And we have extensive on-line support where you can chat with an associate and access drivers, software updates, FAQs, user forums and more.
- Processor Type: Intel Core i7-3612QM
- Processor Technology: Quad Core
- Processor Speed: 2.10GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.10GHz
- Processor Cache: 6MB
- Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 64-bit
- Supplied Software: Microsoft Office Starter with reduced-functionality versions of Word and Excel, VAIO Care, Media Gallery, PlayMemories Home
- Anti-Virus Software: Kaspersky Internet Security 30-Day Trial Offer
- Sony Creative Software: Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum, ACID Music Studio, Sound Forge Audio Studio
- Screen Size: 13.1''
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Display Technology: Full HD
- Backlight Technology: LED
- Installed Memory: 8GB (4GB x 2 Fixed Onboard)
- Memory Type/Speed: DDR3/1600MHz
- Max. Memory: 8GB
- Graphics Processor: Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Graphics Video RAM: Internal
- Maximum Resolution VGA: 1920 x 1200
- Maximum Resolution HDMI: 1920 x 1080
- Storage Type: Solid State Drive
- Storage Capacity: 512GB
- Storage Technology: RAID 0 x 2
- Optical Drive Type: Power Media Dock (Blu-ray Disc Player)
- Camera: 1.3 MP HD web camera powered by Exmor for PC and microphone
- Keyboard: QWERTY, 83 keys with 1.0mm stroke and 19.05mm pitch
- Backlit Keyboard: Yes
- Sound System: Intel High Definition Audio with Dolby Home Theater Technology v4
Inputs and Outputs
- Port Replicator Connector: 1
- DC-In: 1
- USB 3.0: 1 + 1 (Charge)
- VGA Output(s): 1
- Headphone Output: 1
- Secure Digital (SD) Slot: 1
- Memory Stick Duo: 1
- HDMI Output(s): 1
- Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth Standard (4.0 + HS)
- Ethernet Protocol: 1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX/10BASE-T
- WiFi Adapter: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 (802.11a/b/g/n)
- WiDi Ready: Yes - Intel Wireless Display Technology
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term: 1 Year
- Onsite/In-Home Service: Yes
- International Service: Yes
- Toll-Free Phone Support: 888-476-6972
- Priority Phone Support: 239-768-7605
- ENERGY STAR: 5
- ROHS: Compliant
- EPEAT: Gold
- Security: Biometric Fingerprint Sensor, Trusted Platform Module (TCG ver. 1.2 certified)
- Action Buttons: VAIO, ASSIST, WEB
- Pointing Device: Touchpad (Gesture supported)
- Battery Type: Internal Lithium Polymer Battery (4000mAh)
- Default Brightness: Up to 6 hours and 45 minutes
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 13.00'' (W) x 0.66'' (H) x 8.27'' (D)
- Weight (Approx.): 2.58 lbs. (with Internal Battery)
Power Media Dock (PMD)
- PMD Optical Drive Type: Slot loading Blu-ray Disc Player
- PMD Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon HD 7670M
- PMD Graphics Video RAM: 1GB Dedicated
- PMD HDMI Output(s): 1
- PMD Port Replicator Connector(s): 1
- PMD USB 3.0: 1
- PMD USB 2.0: 2
- PMD VGA Output(s): 1
- PMD Ethernet Protocol: 1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX/10BASE-T
- PMD Dimensions (Approx.): 5.83 (W) x 0.66'' (H) x 8.67'' (D)''
- PMD Weight (Approx.): 1.52 lbs.
- PMD Supplied AC Adapter: VGP-AC19V46
- Internal Lithium Polymer Battery (4000mAh)
- AC Adapter
- Power Cord
- Noise Canceling Earbud Headphones