Product Information for Hitachi Ultrastar He8 (512e) SE HUH728080AL5204 SAS 12Gb/s 8TB 7200rpm
Highlights for Hitachi Ultrastar He8 (512e) SE HUH728080AL5204 SAS 12Gb/s 8TB 7200rpm
- Condition: Brand New
- Package Quantity: 1
- Highest capacity – Industry-leading 8TB in a 7-disk 7Stac design
- Power efficiency – 23% lower operating power than 6TB air drives
- TCOptimized design – Delivers highest capacity, lower power, cooler and quieter operation
8TB capacity and 23% lower energy consumption. That’s the power of helium. Meet Ultrastar He8, HGST’s second-generation hard drive based on the widely accepted and proven HelioSeal platform. With 8TB and 6TB capacity points, Ultrastar He8 goes beyond what any other HDD can do using air and raises the standard for capacity and power efficiency in cloud and hyperscale data center environments.
We recognize the growing pressures that data centers face. Volume is expanding, Operating costs are rising while budgets remain flat. Lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO) has become the focus of data center architects. Through HGST’s patented HelioSeal process, the Ultrastar He8 provides the best TCO value proposition by delivering the industry’s highest capacity at 8TB, a low 5.1 idle watts, a reduced weight of 650g, and running 4-5°C cooler.
Cooler and quieter with industry-leading power efficiency (Watts/TB), the Ultrastar He8 lays the foundation for future growth in massive scale-out environments.
- Manufacturer: HGST, A Western Digital Company
- Manufacturer Part Number: 0F23657
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.hgst.com
- Brand Name: HGST
- Product Line: Ultrastar
- Product Series: He8
- Product Model: HUH728080AL5204
- Product Name: 3.5-inch Helium Platform Enterprise Hard Drive
- Product Type: Hard Drive
- Encryption: SE
- Storage Capacity: 8 TB
- Rotational Speed: 7200 rpm
- Buffer: 128 MB
- Drive Interface: SATA
- Drive Interface Standard: 12Gb/s SAS
- Drive Type: Internal
- Drive Width: 3.5"
- Height: 1"
- Weight: 1.43 lbs
- Watts: 9.1W
- Watts (Idle): 5.7W
- Watts (Startup): 30W
- Decibels (Idle): 2.0dB
- Shock (Operating): 70g/2ms
- Shock (Non-Operating): 300g/2ms
- Limited 5-Year Warranty