Product Information for StarTech 4 Port PCI SATA RAID Controller Adapter Card
Highlights for StarTech 4 Port PCI SATA RAID Controller Adapter Card
- Product Type:SATA Controller
- Host Interface:PCI
Marketing InformationAdd 4 SATA ports to your PC through a PCI expansion slot, with support for high-performance RAID array installation. The PCISATA4R1 4 Port PCI SATA RAID Controller lets you add four internal SATA 1.0 (1.5 Gbps) ports to your PC through a single PCI expansion slot, while offering support for several RAID modes or a simple JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) configuration.
The PCI SATA card provides increased performance and capacity with RAID 0 (Striping), or a redundant copy of your hard drive with RAID 1 (Mirroring). Configuring in RAID 10 (a.k.a. RAID 0+1) lets you leverage both by creating a mirrored copy of your striped disk set. Plus, the SATA RAID card supports RAID 1+S (Mirror + Spare), which uses a third installed drive to automatically replace a failed drive and rebuild the mirrored set - even if it is the boot drive that failed.
For the ability to fit most standard computer cases, the card ships with a standard profile bracket installed and includes a low profile bracket for adapting to slimline or small form factor systems.
Note: While the PCISATA4R1 card supports any size hard drive in JBOD mode, the max supported drive size when in RAID mode is 2 TB (per port).
Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- FIFO: 256 Bytes per channel
- Includes features like Serial ATA to PCI interrupt masking and Watch Dog Timer for fault resiliency
- Universal IO bracket easily fits any low profile or full-sized system
- Works as a non-RAID controller card when the system BIOS is not RAID configured
- Add 4 SATA ports to a full or low profile/small form factor (SFF) computer system from a single PCI card to conserve the number of available expansion slots.
- Setup a RAID 1 mirror for data redundancy/duplication or RAID 0 stripe for increased performance with up to 4 SATA drives.
- Plug and Play
Supported Operating System:
- Windows 98
- Windows 98SE
- Windows Me
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003 and up
Green Compliance Certificate/AuthorityRoHS
Additional Product Specifications