TOP SELLING ETHERNET SWITCHES
Cisco SG500X-48MP-K9-NA SG500X-48MPP 48 Port GIG + 4 10-GIG Max PoE Layer 3 Switch
$ 2668.29 $ 4921.00
Free Shipping | In Stock
HP 1810-8 Switch S-Buy US en - 8 Ports - Manageable - 8 x RJ-45 - 10/100Base-TX, 10/100/1000Base-T
$ 71.43 $ 96.00
Free Shipping | In Stock
Product Information for IBM Flex System FC5022 24-port 16Gb SAN Scalable Switch
Highlights for IBM Flex System FC5022 24-port 16Gb SAN Scalable Switch
The IBM Flex System FC5022 16Gb SAN Scalable Switch is a high-density, 48-port, 16 Gbps Fiber Channel switch that is used in the IBM Flex System chassis. The switch provides 28 internal ports to compute nodes by way of the midplane, and 20 external SFP+ ports. This SAN switch module delivers an embedded option for IBM Flex System users deploying storage area networks in their enterprise. It offers end-to-end 16 Gb connectivity. The N-port virtualization mode streamlines the infrastructure by reducing the number of domains to manage while enabling the ability to add or move servers without impact to the SAN. Monitoring is simplified by an integrated management appliance, or clients using end-to-end Brocade SAN can exploit the Brocade management tools.
Exceptional price/performance for growing SAN workloads
The FC5022 16 Gb switch delivers exceptional price/performance for growing SAN workloads through a combination of market-leading 1600 Mbps throughput per port and an affordable high-density form factor. The 48 FC ports produce an aggregate 768 Gbps full-duplex throughput, plus any external eight ports can be trunked for 128 Gbps Inter-Switch Links (ISLs). Because 16 Gbps port technology dramatically reduces the number of ports and associated optics/cabling required through 8/4 Gbps consolidation, the cost savings as well as simplification benefits are substantial.
Accelerating fabric deployment and serviceability with diagnostic ports
Diagnostic ports (D ports) are a port type supported by the FC5022 16 Gb switch that enables administrators to quickly identify and isolate 16 Gbps optics, port, and cable problems, reducing fabric deployment and diagnostic times. If the optical media is found to be the source of the problem, it can be transparently replaced because 16 Gbps optics are hot-pluggable.
A building block for virtualized, private cloud storage
The FC5022 16 Gb switch supports multi-tenancy in cloud environments through VM-aware end-to-end visibility and monitoring, Quality of Service (QoS), and fabric-based advanced zoning features. The switch enables secure distance extension to virtual private or hybrid clouds with dark fiber support, as well as in-flight encryption and data compression. Internal fault-tolerant and enterprise-class RAS features help minimize downtime to support mission-critical environments.
Simplified and optimized interconnect with Brocade access gateway
The FC5022 16 Gb switch can be deployed as a full-fabric switch or as a Brocade access gateway, which simplifies fabric topologies and heterogeneous fabric connectivity. Access gateway mode utilizes N Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) switch standards to present physical and virtual servers directly to the core of SAN fabrics. This makes it transparent to the SAN fabric, greatly reducing management of the network edge.
In The Box
- IBM Flex System FC5022 24-port 16Gb SAN Scalable Switch
- 2x 16 Gb SFP
- Manufacturer: IBM
- Manufacturer Part #: 00Y3324
- Manufacturer UPC #: 0883436314183
- Product Description: IBM Flex System FC5022 24-port 16Gb SAN Scalable Switch - Switch - managed - 20 x 16Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ + 28 x 16Gb Fibre Channel + 2 x 10/100/1000 + 1 x 10/100 - plug-in module
- Device Type: Switch - 48 ports - managed
- Enclosure Type: Plug-in module
- Interfaces: Fibre Channel
- Ports: 20 x 16Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ + 28 x 16Gb Fibre Channel + 2 x 10/100/1000 + 1 x 10/100
- Bandwidth : 768 Gbps
- Port-to-port latency : 0.7 ms
- Switching capacity : 420 million frames switch per second
- Capacity: Virtual channels per port : 48
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, SNMP, SNMP 3, SSH
- Features: Port mirroring, IPv6 support, Quality of Service (QoS), temperature sensor, IPv4 support, Management Information Base (MIB)
- Approximate Dimensions (WxDxH): 15.8 in x 12.5 in x 1.2 in
- Approximate Weight: 7.1 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year warranty