$ 9443.38 $ 10720.00 Not Available
- Item No.
- Mfg Part No.
TOP SELLING ETHERNET SWITCHES
Netgear 24 Ports Gigabit Fiber, Layer 3 Software Package
$ 1729.00 $ 2930.00
Free Shipping | In Stock
Product Information for Brocade Communications VDX 6730, 16P SFP+, AC, Port Side Exhaust Airflow
Highlights for Brocade Communications VDX 6730, 16P SFP+, AC, Port Side Exhaust Airflow
Seeking better ways to build virtualized data centers and clouds, today's IT organizations are turning to high-performance networking solutions that increase flexibility through leading-edge technologies. Brocade VDX 6730 data center switch is specifically designed to improve network utilization, maximize application availability, increase scalability, and dramatically simplify network architecture in virtualized data centers. By leveraging Brocade VCS fabric technology, the Brocade VDX 6730 enables organizations to build data center Ethernet fabrics.
Whether organizations want to enhance their classic hierarchical network architectures, deploy flatter scale-out fabrics for virtualized data centers, or converge networks, the Brocade VDX 6730 delivers the excellent technology to enhance and simplify networks. In addition, organizations can utilize FCoE capabilities in the Brocade VDX 6730 to connect to Fiber Channel SAN fabrics.
Flexible deployments to solve data center challenges
For classic Ethernet architectures, Brocade VCS technology enables organizations to preserve existing network designs and cabling, and to gain active-active server connections without employing Spanning Tree Protocol (STP). For scale-out fabric architectures, Brocade VCS technology allows organizations to flatten the network design, provide VM mobility without network reconfiguration, and manage the entire fabric as a single logical chassis. For data centers that can take advantage of a converged LAN/SAN environment, Brocade VCS technology provides end-to-end Data Center Bridging (DCB) capabilities, enabling traditional IP and storage traffic to exist on the same network. Organizations can also use Brocade VCS technology to prioritize FCoE and iSCSI traffic to make sure it receives sufficient bandwidth and remains lossless.
Brocade VCS technology offers unique features to support server and storage virtualized environments. During a VM migration, network switch ports must be dynamically configured to ensure that the VM traffic experiences consistent policies and configurations. The Brocade Automatic Migration of Port Profiles (AMPP) feature enables a seamless migration. Port profiles and MAC address mapping are created on any switch in the fabric. This mapping provides the logical flow for traffic from the source port to the destination port. As a VM migrates, the destination port in the fabric learns of the MAC move and automatically activates the port profile configuration. Brocade VM-aware network automation provides secure connectivity and full visibility to virtualized resources with dynamic learning and activation of port profiles. By communicating directly with VMware vCenter, it eliminates manual configuration of port profiles and supports VM mobility across VCS fabrics.
Fabric watch monitors the health of certain switch components and, based on the threshold set, declares each component as marginal or down. Monitored components can include fans, power supplies, temperature sensors, compact flash cards, WWN cards, ports missing Single Form-Factor Pluggables (SFPs), and faulty ports. Once a component is declared marginal or down, fabric watch notifies users via a system-log message, e-mail, or both mechanisms.
Enabling cloud-optimized networking
The Brocade VDX 6730 is a 10 GbE fixed port switch that increases network scalability and performance to support the most demanding business applications. It enables LAN/SAN convergence, providing a high-performance, reliable, and flexible foundation for virtualization and cloud-optimized networks. It extends the value of Brocade VCS technology by connecting to Fiber Channel SANs in addition to FCoE, iSCSI, and NAS storage. The Brocade VDX 6730 helps protect existing investments by bridging SAN fabrics and Ethernet fabrics. The Brocade VDX 6730 supports a build-as-you grow model, enabling organizations to build an Ethernet fabric initially with two switches and scale to larger fabrics for connectivity to 10 GbE servers.
- Flow Control
- VLAN Support
- IGMP Snooping
- ISL Support
- IPv6 Support
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support
- Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support
- Data Center Bridging Exchange (DCBX) support
- Priority-based Flow Control
- Enhanced Transmission Selection
- Ports on Demand
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Back to Front Airflow
- Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVST+)
- Rapid Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVRST+)
- Brocade VCS technology
- Automatic Migration of Port Profiles (AMPP)
- LLDP support
- Device Type: Switch - 16 ports - managed
- Enclosure Type: Rack-mountable - 1U
- Ports: 16 x SFP+
- Performance: Switching capacity : 480 Gbps
- Capacity: Virtual interfaces (VLANs) : 2048
- Jumbo Frame Support: 9600
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, RMON 1, RMON 2, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, CLI
- Authentication Method: RADIUS, TACACS+, Secure Shell v.2 (SSH2)
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1v, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP), IEEE 802.1AX
Expansion / Connectivity
- 16 x SFP+
- 1 x USB - 4 pin USB Type A
- Serial : 1 x RS-232 - RJ-45
- 1 x RJ-45 - management
- Power Device: Power supply - hot-plug - plug-in module
- Installed Qty: 2 (installed) / 2 (max)
- Power Redundancy: Yes
- Power Redundancy Scheme: N+1
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Approximate Width: 16.9 in
- Approximate Depth: 15.1 in
- Approximate Height: 1.7 in
- Compliant Standards: FCC Class A certified, BSMI, GOST, EN55022, VCCI Class A ITE, EN55024, CISPR 22, CCC, ICES-003 Class A, IEC 60950-1, EN 60950-1, UL 60950-1 Second Edition, BSMI CNS 13438, CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1, ICES Class A
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included: Brocade Network OS
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 85% (non-condensing)
- Min Storage Temperature: -13 °F
- Max Storage Temperature: 158 °F
- Humidity Range Storage: 10 - 90% (non-condensing)