Highlights for Okidata Microline 420 9-PIN 570CPS Impact Printer
- Product Type:Dot Matrix
- Print Resolution:240 x 216 dpi
- Maximum Print Speed:570 cps
- Interfaces/Ports:Parallel Standard
Doing the job day after day.
The OKI® MICROLINE® 420 9-pin printer and its wide-carriage counterpart ML421 are a quantum leap forward in Impact printer performance. Engineered for dedicated forms printing in the most demanding point-of-sale, automa-tion and utility environments, ML420/421 printers are right at home in applications such as retail sales counters, medical facilities, automotive rental and repair shops, airline counters, financial departments and manufacturing sites. Their print speed and versatile paper handling make them ideal for the office, too.
Performance is built in.
The ML420/421 sport features that give them a strong edge over their predecessors as well as the competition:
3-piece top cover provides easy access and unsurpassed break resistance
An internal cooling fan provides continuous airflow for the printhead—maximizing throughput productivity for long, unattended print jobs
Additional feed rollers provide precise forms handling and printed-character placement accuracy
Exceptional paper-handling versatility.
The ML420/421 have a zero-tear feature that accurately positions continuous forms for a clean tear at the perforation, which eliminates wasted stock. You also get perfect results with single sheets, index stock, labels and envelopes, too. All with-out jams or smears.
Value that goes the distance.
The OKI ML420/421 deliver the kind of productivity usually reserved for printers many times the price—starting with a super-fast print speed of 570 characters-per-second (in SuperSpeed Draft mode). Then there’s the rugged printhead—with its 200-million character life, powerful samarium cobalt magnets and stored-energy pins— delivering precise, sharp characters all the way through to the last page of a 6-part form. And the patented OKI closed-loop feedback system that assures character placement accuracy...
The OKI ML420/421: Just turn ‘em on and turn ‘em loose
Built to last, inside and out.
Field-proven reliability is just one reason OKI® MICROLINE® impact printers are the most widely-used in North America.1
The performance-optimized power supply of the ML420/421 has been enlarged to easily handle harsh printing conditions— and its energy management capabilities match power expenditures to print-job size, maximizing the life of the 9-pin printhead and other components. A long-lasting rack-and-pinion drive system ensures print quality longer than belt or cable systems. And the ergonomically-designed, impact-resistant chassis protects the ML420/421 from damage, even in the toughest working environments.
Performance that’s user-friendly. Controls are conveniently placed on the front panel for fast access. The automatic loading of continuous and cut stock makes every print job easier, and the design of the internal sheet separator enables easy loading of tractor-fed paper into the rear push tractor.
OKI has a reputation for quality and reliability no competing printer can claim—and backs it with 3 years of warranty coverage 2 and a network of authorized OKI Dealer Service Centers and Service Depots.
The reliable, affordable ML420/421 can work wonders in virtually any forms-handling application.
- Super Speed Draft 570 cps (12cpi)
- High Speed Draft 510 cps (10cpi)
- Utility Speed 380 cps (10cpi)
- Near Letter Quality Speed 95 cps (10cpi)
- Number Of Colors 1
- Maximum Graphics Resolution (dpi) 240(H) x 216(V)
- Resident Near Letter Quality Fonts Yes
- Resident Scalable Fonts Yes
- Resident Bar Code Fonts Yes (8 types)
- Resident Courier Font Yes
- Resident Roman Font Yes
- Resident Orator Font Yes
- Resident Gothic Font Yes
- Resident Prestige Font Yes
- Resident Swiss Font Yes
- BRASCII & ABICOMP Yes
- Oki Data Microline Emulation Standard
- Oki Data Pacemark Emulation No
- IBM Graphics ProPrinter Emulation Standard
- Epson FXLQ Series Emulation Standard
- DEC ANSI Compatible No
- Number Of Copies 6
- Menu Mode Paper Park Yes
- Automatic Paper Forms Loading Yes
- Semi-automatic Single Sheet Feed Yes
- Short Tear Off Yes
- Zero Tear Off Yes
- Rear Feed Yes
- Bottom Feed Optional
- Pin Feed Platen No
- Top Pull Tractors Optional
- Push Tractors Optional
- Paper Feed Rate 4.5 ips (11.4 cm/sec.)
- Cut Sheet Feeder Option Optional
- Roll Paper Stand Option Optional
- Number of Pins 9
- Windows 95 Plug 'n' Play Compatibility Standard
- Parallel Interface Standard
- Serial Interface Optional
- USB Standard
- Autogapping Printhead No
- Expanded Head Gap Yes
- Printhead Life (Characters) 200 million characters
- Memory Buffer Size 128K
- With Optional Memory No
- MTBF @ 25% of Duty Cycle 20,000 hours
- Noise Level In Operating Mode 56 dBA
- Noise Level In Quiet Mode 52 dBA
- Ribbon Life (Characters) 4 million characters
- 220/240 Volt Model Available Separate SKU
- Power Voltage 120v
- Detachable Power Cord Yes
- Power Frequency 60 Hz
- Power Consumption 78 watts
- EPA Energy Star Compliance Yes
- Dimensions Of Narrow Carriage Without Box (W x D x H) 15.7" x 13.6" x 6.0" (39.8 cm x 34.5 cm x 15.2 cm)
- Front Panel Direct Access Controls Yes
- Limited Warranty 3-year standard warranty parts and labor; 2-year printhead
- Toll Free Telephone Support 1-800-OKI-DATA (800-654-3282)
Okidata Microline 420 9-PIN 570CPS Impact Printer
Superior Reliability Backed By 3-Year Standard Warranty