Product Information for Filemaker Inc. v.12.0 Server Advanced - Complete Product - 1 Server
Highlights for Filemaker Inc. v.12.0 Server Advanced - Complete Product - 1 Server
- License Type:Complete Product
- License Pricing:Standard
- Package Type:Retail
- License Quantity:1 Server
FileMaker Server 12 Advanced includes all the features in FileMaker Server 12 plus more sharing and connectivity options. Add FileMaker Server 12 Advanced to FileMaker Pro and maximize your database sharing capabilities (separate purchase of FileMaker Pro required). Or host FileMaker Go databases on FileMaker Served Advanced to share the latest information with your team while you're on the go.
- FileMaker v.12.0 Server Advanced
- Product Documentation on DVD
- License Key for Installation
- FileMaker Server 12 and FileMaker Server 12 Advanced only support FileMaker Pro 12 and FileMaker Go 12 databases.
- Databases from older versions of FileMaker Pro will need to be converted to FileMaker Pro 12 in order to be hosted using FileMaker Server 12 or FileMaker Server 12 Advanced.
- Intel-based Mac with Dual Core for Mac
- Dual Core for PC
- Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server v.10.6.8 (32/64-bit)
- Mac OS X Lion and OS X Lion Server v.10.7 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 Professional Edition with Service Pack 1 (32/64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition with Service Pack 2 (32/64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 with Service Pack 2 (32-bit)
- 80 GB (keep 10 GB free space)
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB Recommended) for Mac OS X/OS X Server (32-bit)
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB Recommended) for Mac OS X/OS X Server/OS X Lion/OS X Lion Server (64-bit)
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB Recommended) for Windows 7/Server 2008/Server 2003 (32-bit)
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB Recommended) for Windows 7/Server 2008 (64-bit)
- To use a database shared with Instant Web Publishing, Windows web users need Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9.0 or 8.0, Firefox 9.0 or Safari 5.1. On the Mac, web users need Safari 5.1 or Firefox 9.0. These versions are the minimum requirement. This software may also work with later versions certified by FileMaker, Inc
- FileMaker Server 12 Advanced technology does not limit the number of FileMaker Pro client that can be networked. Technical limits are imposed by your hardware, database design, and operating system. Manage any size group of FileMaker Pro users with greater security and network performance.
- Create Administrator Groups and assign specific administrative tasks while retaining exclusive control of your server and maintaining a high level of security.
- he Group Start Page displays a list of all databases accessible to your team on one convenient web-based page. Email, bookmark, or add a link to the group start page on other web pages. Display messages for your team and launch FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, and Instant Web Publishing directly from the page.
Instant Web Publishing:
- Securely publish your databases to the web and users you authorize can connect to your database to view, edit, sort, or search records.
- Instant Web Publishing in FileMaker Server Advanced supports up to 100 concurrent web connections - 20x more than in FileMaker Pro alone.
- ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) and JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) support makes it possible to read from and write to FileMaker Pro databases hosted by FileMaker Server Advanced with many external programs and development tools. Get up to 50 simultaneous ODBC/JDBC remote connections.