TOP SELLING AUTOMOBILE NAVIGATORS
Product Information for Garmin Streetpilot 2720 GPS Navigator
Highlights for Garmin Streetpilot 2720 GPS Navigator
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty included. Does not qualify for rebate
- High resolution screen (454 x 240 pixels, cf 305 x 160)
- Uses flash memory. More robust for motorcycle use than the STP 2620
- 3D map view
The StreetPilot 2720 is a premium GPS automotive navigator that offers text-to-speech and traffic interface capabilities.
In addition to the turn-by-turn voice prompted navigation available in earlier StreetPilot models, the 2720’s text-to-speech functionality allows the unit to audibly announce the name of upcoming streets and points of interest (POIs), letting drivers keep their eyes on the road while navigating through busy traffic and tricky roadways.
For drivers in congested metropolitan areas, Garmin is offering the GTM 10, an optional FM RDS-TMC traffic receiver that receives digital information (where available) on traffic, road construction, and weather-related tie-ups. The GTM 10 receives data from selected FM broadcast stations in select cities throughout the United States. This optional feature lets drivers see congested areas via a color-coded map. When connected to the GTM 10, the StreetPilot 2720 uses this data to automatically calculate and suggest alternative routes based on the traffic information.
The StreetPilot 2720 also boasts a new WQVGA, color, automotive-grade, sunlight-readable, touchscreen display that automatically adjusts the unit’s backlight for optimum viewing in any amount of light. Drivers can view the map in a three-dimensional perspective, or a top-down track-up or north-up view.
The StreetPilot 2720 comes preprogrammed with City Navigator North America NT maps—containing detailed road maps throughout the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. This map database features nearly six million POIs —including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs, and attractions.
As an added benefit, you can now import customized points of interest with the help of Garmin's free POI Loader software. The possibilities are endless — upload safety cameras or school zones, and you will receive a warning if you are traveling too fast. In addition, an optional proximity-alert feature notifies you of upcoming custom POIs.
In addition to point-to-point navigation, the StreetPilot 2720 can calculate the most efficient route between multiple destinations—a real time-saver for realtors, sales forces, and errand-runners. Drivers can also tell the unit to avoid specific areas or road segments when calculating a route.
Garmin Streetpilot 2720 GPS Navigator Features
- Preloaded maps—ready to use out of the box
- Built-in patch antenna; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Turn-by-turn directions
- Avoid traffic tie-ups using optional GTM 10 FM TMC traffic receiver
- Text-to-speech feature delivers street and POI names, as well as addresses, so you can keep your eyes on the road
- Arrange destinations to minimize trip distance—a real time-saver for realtors, sales forces, and errand-runners
- Import custom POIs such as restaurants and safety cameras from industry-standard CSV files
- Proximity-alert feature warns of upcoming custom POIs, such as safety cameras and school zones
- Touch-screen and alphanumeric remote control
- View the map in either a three-dimensional perspective or top-down track-up or north-up view
- 3.8”-diagonal WQVGA color, automotive-grade, sunlight-readable TFT display; 3.3”W x 1.7”H; 454 x 240 pixels
- Built-in photo sensor adjusts for light conditions automatically
- Integrated dash mounting system provides easy adjustment and quick release
Garmin Streetpilot 2720 GPS Navigator Specifications
- Type Car Kit
- Acquisition Time Cold 45 Seconds
- Acquisition Time Warm 15 Seconds
- WASS Enabled Yes
- Update Rate 1/second, continuous
- GPS Accuracy Position < 15 meters, 95% typical
- GPS Accuracy Velocity 0.05 meter/sec steady state
- Route Capacity 50
- Trip Computer Average Speed Maximum Speed Resetable Maximum Speed Timers
- Inputs 12/24 Vdc USB
- Display Backlight Color TFT
- Touch Screen Yes
- Voice Yes
- Antenna Built-in patch MCX-type connector
- Length 3.2"
- Width 5.6"
- Depth 2.0"
- Weight 0.93 lbs
- StreetPilot 2720
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT for North America
- MapSource® City Navigator North America NT DVD
- Portable non-skid mount (friction mount)
- Dash mount
- Alphanumeric remote control
- Vehicle power cable with external speaker
- AC power adapter
- USB cable
- Protective cover
- Owner's manual
- Quick reference guide