Product Information for Garmin StreetPilot i5 Portable Street Navigator
Highlights for Garmin StreetPilot i5 Portable Street Navigator
Ready to go right out-of-the-box, StreetPilot i5 comes preloaded with detailed maps of North America and is the newest member of the i-series StreetPilots—a line of small, inexpensive automotive GPS navigators that make driving fun.
No larger than a baseball and priced affordably, the StreetPilot i-series is destined to be a hit for commuters, college students, and corporate travelers who are looking to experience the ease and enjoyment of GPS satellite navigation for the first time.
Don’t let the size fool you: The StreetPilot i-series has many of the same powerful capabilities as our other premium automotive GPS navigators.
The i-series features a unique and convenient click-to-enter scroll wheel and a “back” button which makes it easy to select a destination from the unit’s menu-driven interface. The i2, i3, and i5 include 3-D map graphics, and provide voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions through a built-in speaker. These units will also automatically put drivers back on course if they miss a turn. Easily move them from vehicle to vehicle with an integrated suction cup mount.
StreetPilot i5 comes preloaded with detailed maps of City Navigator North America NT, which features full coverage of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico—including nearly six million points of interest like gas stations, ATMs, hotels, restaurants, and attractions. Like the i2 and i3, it also comes with removable TransFlash data storage capability.
As an added benefit, you can now import customized points of interest with the help of Garmin's free POI Loader software. The possibilities are endless — upload safety cameras or school zones, and you will receive a warning if you are traveling too fast. In addition, an optional proximity-alert feature notifies you of upcoming custom POIs.
The i3 and i5 feature a 32k-color, sunlight readable TFT display with backlight, while the i2 features a high-contrast backlit FSTN monochrome display. Motorists can choose from either a three-dimensional mapping perspective, or overhead “bird’s eye” view. For added convenience, drivers can power the unit with either two AA batteries (six hours, typical use) or the included 12-volt adapter cable.
- WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS patch antenna with MCX-type connector for optional external antenna
- Unit dimensions: 3.00” W x 2.74” H x 2.15” D
- StreetPilot i5 display: 1.7” W x 1.3” H, 220 x 176 pixels, TFT color, backlight display
- Weighs only 5.3 oz. (without batteries; includes vehicle suction cup mount)
- Audible and visual navigation instructions and warnings
- Features scroll wheel with click-to-enter, making it quick & easy to navigate
- Offers a three dimensional mapping perspective, or 2-D overhead view
- Battery life: up to 6 hours typical use on two AA batteries (7 hours maximum)
- Includes removable 12-volt power adapter cable for external power while in your vehicle
- Includes a vehicle suction cup mount which allows for easy adjustment and quick release
- USB Interface
- Built-in Flash memory for storing preloaded map data
- Type Car Kit
- Acquisition Time Cold 45 Seconds
- Acquisition Time Warm 15 Seconds
- WASS Enabled Yes
- Update Rate 1/second, continuous
- GPS Accuracy Position < 15 meters, 95% typical
- GPS Accuracy Velocity 0.05 meter/sec steady state
- Waypoints 500 with name and graphic symbol
- Inputs USB
- Display Color TFT
- Expansion Slots miniSD Card
- Software MapSource
- Battery Life 6 hours
- Antenna Built-in patch
- Length 2.8"
- Width 3.0"
- Depth 2.2"
- Weight 5.3 oz