TOP SELLING CAR GPS NAVIGATION
Product Information for Garmin StreetPilot C340 GPS Navigator w/ Built-in Antenna
Highlights for Garmin StreetPilot C340 GPS Navigator w/ Built-in Antenna
The StreetPilot c340 provides in-car navigation that is simple for anyone to use directly out of the box. After selecting a destination from the user-friendly touch screen interface, Garmin’s text-to-speech feature tells users the name of the street, when to turn, and in what direction. If you miss your turn, the c340 automatically calculates a new route to the destination.
Notification of traffic delays is a c340 option that lets drivers see congested areas via a color-coded map. This feature lets users avoid traffic by simply pushing a button that will calculate a new route. This traffic awareness is made possible via the new Garmin GTM 10™ FM TMC receiver that connects to selected Garmin street navigation products. The GTM 10 receives digital data from specific FM broadcast stations in select major metro areas throughout the United States and Europe.
The StreetPilot c340 comes preprogrammed with highly detailed City Navigator® NT street data of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The database features nearly six million points of interest—including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs, and attractions.
As an added benefit, you can now import customized points of interest with the help of Garmin's free POI Loader software. The possibilities are endless — upload safety cameras or school zones, and you will receive a warning if you are traveling too fast. In addition, an optional proximity-alert feature notifies you of upcoming custom POIs.
The StreetPilot c340 joins Garmin’s growing line of automotive GPS navigators. It has a bright, 3.5-inch diagonal, TFT display with touchscreen; dual integrated speakers for high-quality voice prompts; and an internal lithium-ion battery for out-of-car route planning.
The StreetPilot c-series boasts distinctive and sleek styling—the units’ only buttons are a rotary volume knob and an on/off switch. The device is secured by a suction-mount cradle that fastens to the windshield, for easy portability between vehicles.
- WAAS-enabled 12 parallel channel GPS
- Built-in patch antenna; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Preloaded with detailed U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico maps – no downloading required
- SD memory card expansion slot for use with other MapSource street-mapping products
- Traffic alerts with optional GTM 10 FM TMC traffic receiver
- Text-to-Speech – unit prompts you to “Turn right on Main St” instead of “Turn right in 500 feet”
- Audible and visual navigation instructions and warnings
- Users can set up proximity alerts for school zones, safety cameras, and more with Garmin’s POI loader program
- Choose between a three-dimensional mapping perspective or 2D overhead view
- Display: 2.8”W x 2.1”H (3.5” diag.), 320 x 240 pixels; bright, TFT display, 64K colors, with white backlight and touch screen
- Unit dimensions: 4.4” W x 3.2” H x 2.8” D
- Weighs just 9.4 ounces
- Built-in lithium ion battery for trip planning (approximately 4-8 hours battery life)
- Includes integrated 12-volt power adapter/speaker for external power while in your vehicle
- Integrated suction-cup mounting system provides easy adjustment and quick release
- USB interface
- Type Car Kit
- Acquisition Time Cold 45 Seconds
- Acquisition Time Warm 15 Seconds
- WASS Enabled Yes
- Update Rate 1/second, continuous
- GPS Accuracy Position < 15 meters, 95% typical
- GPS Accuracy Velocity 0.05 meter/sec steady state
- Waypoints 500 with name and graphic symbol
- Trip Computer Average Speed Maximum Speed Resettable Odometer Timers
- Inputs 12/24 Vdc
- Display Color LCD
- Touch Screen Yes
- Voice Yes
- Battery Life 8 hours
- Antenna Built-in patch MCX-type connector
- Special Features Vehicle suction cup mount w/12-24 volt adapter
- Length 3.2"
- Width 4.4"
- Depth 2.8"
- Weight 0.59 lbs
- StreetPilot c340
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT for North America or Europe (full coverage)
- Vehicle suction cup mount with integrated power cable
- USB cable
- USB drivers disk
- Dashboard disk
- Quick reference guide